Roller Derby Calc 3 problem

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of the differential equation dy/dt=sqrt(2g/(1+I*))*(sin alpha)*sqrt(y) to show how the vertical distance traveled, y(t), relates to the angle of inclination of a plane and the gravitational constant, g. The reasoning used in Problem 1 is applied to determine the value of v2 and then plugged into the equation for dy/dt to find the relationship between y and the other variables. However, the value for I* is not provided, making it difficult to fully understand the problem.
kaitlync
2. If y(t) is the vertical distance traveled at time t, then the same reasoning as used in Problem 1shows that v2= (2gy)/(1+I*) at any time. Use this result to show that y satisfies the differential equation

dy/dt=sqrt(2g/(1+I*))*(sin alpha)*sqrt(y)

where a is the angle of inclination of the plane.

I plugged dy/dt into v, because is the derivative of position. I have dy/dt=sqrt(2g/(1+I*))*sqrt(y) because you can pull it out, but i don't know how to get the sin alpha

Physics news on Phys.org
It would have been better to include problem "1" rather than expecting people to gues what the problem really is.

It looks like you have an object moving on an inclined plane and y is the vertical height. But what is I*?

Related to Roller Derby Calc 3 problem

1. What is "Roller Derby Calc 3 problem"?

"Roller Derby Calc 3 problem" is a mathematical problem that applies concepts from Calculus 3 to analyze the motion and forces involved in a roller derby game.

2. What are the key concepts involved in the "Roller Derby Calc 3 problem"?

The key concepts involved in the "Roller Derby Calc 3 problem" include vector calculus, multivariable functions, and the application of derivatives and integrals to model the movement and collisions of skaters in a roller derby game.

3. How is "Roller Derby Calc 3 problem" solved?

"Roller Derby Calc 3 problem" is typically solved by setting up equations using the given information and applying the appropriate calculus techniques to find the desired solution. This may involve finding derivatives, integrals, or setting up equations of motion.

4. What are some real-world applications of the "Roller Derby Calc 3 problem"?

The "Roller Derby Calc 3 problem" has real-world applications in sports analysis, specifically in understanding the movements and forces involved in roller derby games. It can also be applied to other contact sports, such as football or hockey.

5. What skills are required to solve the "Roller Derby Calc 3 problem"?

To solve the "Roller Derby Calc 3 problem", one needs a strong understanding of Calculus 3 concepts and techniques, as well as the ability to apply those concepts to real-world scenarios. Critical thinking, problem-solving, and mathematical modeling skills are also important for solving this type of problem.