Riofrio Cosmology: Evidence of Changing Speed of Light

• Thread starter Kea
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cosmology
In summary, Riofrio Cosmology is a theory that proposes the speed of light is not constant but changes over time. This theory is supported by various pieces of evidence, including discrepancies in the measurements of the speed of light, observations of distant supernovae, and the existence of dark matter. The implications of this theory are significant, as it challenges our understanding of the fundamental laws of physics and could potentially lead to a better understanding of the universe and its evolution. However, more research and evidence are needed to fully validate this concept.
Kea
Just a quick note to say that Riofrio now has evidence of a changing speed of light. See her blog:

http://riofriospacetime.blogspot.com/

:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
I think this is a nice idea with no obvious defects. I like the scale invariance - something that makes me deeply suspicious of things like MOND. I'm undecided if absolute scale invariance is necessary. It is, in my mind, necessary to allow for tiny assymetries in our universe - it would otherwise not agree with observation. The tiny curvature tweak is, IMO, in the 'right' OOM range and, more importantly, appears testable. I look forward to more opinions.

Last edited:

Thank you for sharing this information. I am aware of Riofrio's work on cosmology and the concept of a changing speed of light. While her ideas are intriguing and have sparked much discussion and debate in the scientific community, it is important to note that her theories are still considered to be speculative and have not yet been widely accepted by the scientific community. More research and evidence is needed to fully understand the implications of a changing speed of light and its impact on our understanding of the universe. Nonetheless, it is always exciting to see new ideas and hypotheses being explored in the field of science.

Related to Riofrio Cosmology: Evidence of Changing Speed of Light

1. What is Riofrio Cosmology?

Riofrio Cosmology is a theory proposed by astrophysicist Louise Riofrio that suggests the speed of light may not be a constant, but rather has been gradually decreasing over time.

2. What evidence supports this theory?

There are a few key pieces of evidence that support Riofrio Cosmology. One is the observed acceleration of the expansion of the universe, known as dark energy, which can be explained by a decreasing speed of light. Additionally, the observed discrepancies in the ages of the oldest stars in our galaxy and the age of the universe can also be explained by a changing speed of light.

3. How does this theory differ from the traditional view of the speed of light?

In the traditional view, the speed of light is considered to be a constant and is a fundamental part of Einstein's theory of relativity. In Riofrio Cosmology, the speed of light is not a constant and can vary over time.

4. What implications does this theory have for our understanding of the universe?

If Riofrio Cosmology is proven to be true, it would have significant implications for our understanding of the universe. It could potentially change our understanding of the history and age of the universe, as well as how we interpret other astronomical phenomena.

5. What further research is needed to support or refute this theory?

Further research and observations are needed to fully support or refute Riofrio Cosmology. This could include more precise measurements of the speed of light, studying the behavior of light in different environments, and gathering more data on the expansion of the universe and the ages of celestial objects.