Relative Permitivity of Black Paint | Hi Thank You!

In summary, the relative permitivity value of black paint varies depending on the type of paint and is not readily available. The permittivity of the paint may not significantly impact the propagation of electromagnetic waves in a box with black-painted walls. However, more specific information is needed for accurate modeling.
KKKISHORE
Hi i want to know what is the relative permitivity value of black paint. Thank you.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
42. You're welcome.

• Haha
Likes dsaun777, anorlunda and Bystander
berkeman said:
42. You're welcome.
Hi Berkeman,

From which source were you able to obtain this information. Could you please share it with me. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
berkeman said:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy_(film)And I was kidding.

What sources have you found for reseaching your question? I seems like Google would probably be helpful, no?
Hi I have used google but was not able to find the values. Also i need relative permability, conductivity values, and magnetic loss values for black paint.

It depends on the paint. And I doubt you'll find values for most types of paint, you'll probably have to measure it yourself.

Why do you need this?

Likes KKKISHORE
mfb said:
It depends on the paint. And I doubt you'll find values for most types of paint, you'll probably have to measure it yourself.

Why do you need this?
Hi i need this for modelling

You’re not very communicative...

marcusl said:
You’re not very communicative...
I want to model how the electromagnetic waves propagates within a box with the inside wall painted black.

It is unlikely that the permittivity of the paint matters for that, but your description is still quite vague.

Related to Relative Permitivity of Black Paint | Hi Thank You!

1. What is the relative permitivity of black paint?

The relative permitivity of black paint varies depending on the type of black pigment used in the paint. Generally, it ranges from 4 to 10.

2. How does the relative permitivity of black paint affect its performance?

The relative permitivity of black paint can affect its performance in terms of its ability to absorb or reflect light, its conductivity, and its insulating properties. It can also impact the paint's durability and resistance to corrosion.

3. Is the relative permitivity of black paint the same as its dielectric constant?

Yes, the relative permitivity of black paint and its dielectric constant are essentially the same thing. They both refer to the measure of a material's ability to store electrical energy.

4. How is the relative permitivity of black paint determined?

The relative permitivity of black paint is determined through various methods such as dielectric spectroscopy, capacitance measurements, and impedance measurements. These methods involve applying an electric field to the paint and measuring its response.

5. Can the relative permitivity of black paint be changed?

Yes, the relative permitivity of black paint can be changed by altering the composition of the paint. For example, adding conductive materials can increase its conductivity and therefore its relative permitivity. Additionally, the thickness of the paint layer can also impact its relative permitivity.