Relating the lenz's law which is making me crazy

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of Lenz's Law and how the induced magnetic field opposes the original magnetic field. The speaker is seeking clarification on how this opposition occurs, specifically if it is through the magnetic field being in the opposite direction, changing the direction of motion, or both. They are asking for a clear and concise explanation as they have an upcoming exam.
ehabmozart
Hello there.. Lenz's law has driven me crazy for many days.. I need to settle an end for this so i would actually give my doubt hoping for a good reply... Now, in many sites I've seen that the flux can actually as they say "INCREASE"" ... How is it even possible if the flux in any form is CUT.. It should always be decreased isn't it. Take for example a magnet entering a tube of copper. Many links say that the flux increase.. I mean how is it increasing.. Secondly, the e.mf or the current induced itself cause a magnetic field which opposes the orignal one creating the current... How will it oppose it. We need ofcourse to give the magnet the opposite direction.. But this wasn't for all the applications.. Y? It is given and said that the trick part is that most people think that the new induced mag. field is opposite to the original one.. Eventually, i don't get this part... On the other hand, can it actually oppose it by reversing the direction of motion. My question is whether the opposition is made by chagnin the mag. field or motion or both.. For example, a bike cutting through per. mag field into the paper which is in a clockwise motion(the tyre) .. Will the opposition be an outward mag field or trying to move the tyre anti clock wise or both?? I need the replies urgently cs am having an exam tom. and i feel am dead.. Thanks in advance to whoever contributes

Physics news on Phys.org
Answers? I don't even see any questions, although maybe something is buried in that Great Big Wall-O-Text.

Why don't you try and write your question clearly, concisely and with attention to proper English so that it will be easily understood.

Damn! So?? No replies.. I guess i wrote some questions behind that big text... Ok, tell me, in Lenz law, how does the induced magnetic field oppose the cause changing the original magnetic fields. 1) By having the magnetic field in the opposite direction 2) Changin the direction of motion 3) Both

Related to Relating the lenz's law which is making me crazy

1. What is Lenz's Law?

Lenz's Law is a basic principle of electromagnetism that states that the direction of an induced electromotive force (EMF) is always such as to oppose the change in the circuit or external magnetic field that produces it.

2. How does Lenz's Law relate to electromagnetic induction?

Lenz's Law is a consequence of Faraday's Law of electromagnetic induction. It explains how the induced EMF in a conductor will always act in opposition to the change in magnetic flux that caused it.

3. What is the significance of Lenz's Law?

Lenz's Law is important because it helps us understand and predict the behavior of electromagnetic systems. It also forms the basis for many practical applications, such as generators, motors, and transformers.

4. How can Lenz's Law be applied in real-world situations?

Lenz's Law can be applied in a variety of situations, such as in designing motors and generators, understanding the behavior of eddy currents, and predicting the direction of induced currents in a circuit.

5. Are there any exceptions to Lenz's Law?

In general, Lenz's Law holds true for most electromagnetic systems. However, there are certain cases where it may not apply, such as in superconductors or when dealing with extremely high frequencies. In these cases, other laws and principles may need to be considered.