References for thin film physics?

In summary, some commonly recommended textbooks for learning about thin film physics are "Thin Film Materials: Stress, Defect Formation and Surface Evolution" by L. B. Freund and S. Suresh, "Physics of Thin Films" by M. Francombe and J. Vossen, and "Thin-Film Deposition: Principles and Practice" by D. Smith. There are also open-access resources available for studying thin film physics, such as "Thin Film Physics" by A. K. Raychaudhuri, "Thin Film Growth Dynamics" by M. Hanke and E. Kaxiras, and "Introduction to Thin Film Processing" by J. D. Fitzgerlad and J. F. Wager.
Einj
Hi all,
I'm studying for the GRE test and I have noticed that sometimes questions about thin film appear.
Is there any reference where I can learn some basical knowledge about thin film reflection and refraction? I'm not looking for something deep. Just a general overview.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
How about your introductory textbook? Almost all of them have a short section, if not a chapter, on thin film optics.

Obviously I already looked at it and I found nothing...

o s heaven's book

born and wolf

young

hecht and zajak

Thank you very much!

Related to References for thin film physics?

1. What are some recommended textbooks for learning about thin film physics?

Some commonly recommended textbooks for learning about thin film physics include "Thin Film Materials: Stress, Defect Formation and Surface Evolution" by L. B. Freund and S. Suresh, "Physics of Thin Films" by M. Francombe and J. Vossen, and "Thin-Film Deposition: Principles and Practice" by D. Smith.

2. Are there any open-access resources available for studying thin film physics?

Yes, there are several open-access resources available for studying thin film physics. Some examples include "Thin Film Physics" by A. K. Raychaudhuri available on arXiv, "Thin Film Growth Dynamics" by M. Hanke and E. Kaxiras available on MIT OpenCourseWare, and "Introduction to Thin Film Processing" by J. D. Fitzgerlad and J. F. Wager available on NanoHUB.

3. What are some important journals for publishing research on thin film physics?

Some important journals for publishing research on thin film physics include Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Applied Physics, Thin Solid Films, and Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A.

4. Are there any key conferences or workshops related to thin film physics?

Yes, there are several key conferences and workshops related to thin film physics, such as the International Conference on Metallurgical Coatings and Thin Films, the International Workshop on Physics of Thin Films, and the International Conference on Thin Films.

5. How can I find specific research papers on thin film physics?

You can find specific research papers on thin film physics by using online databases such as Google Scholar, Web of Science, or Scopus. These databases allow you to search for papers by keywords, authors, or titles. You can also browse the websites of relevant journals or conferences to find specific papers.