Refer me to a book of calculus to clear the basic concepts

In summary, you can find any book that covers the basics of calculus from a senior or freshman level text.
Arqam Habib Khan
Can anyone refer me a good book for calculus from which i can clear the basic concepts.

Physics news on Phys.org
George F. Simmons' Calculus with Analytic Geometry will suit your need as the explanations are clear and quite basic.

Simmons is good, maybe try Thomas/Finnly: Calculus with analytical geometry 9th ed.
Serge Lang Calculus is also nice.

I found Simmons good, however, the explanation of sequence and series was lacking.

MidgetDwarf said:
Simmons is good, maybe try Thomas/Finnly: Calculus with analytical geometry 9th ed.
Serge Lang Calculus is also nice.

I found Simmons good, however, the explanation of sequence and series was lacking.

I like Lang too but I feel like the book does not have many exercises. Simmons does have huge amount of problems (each of them are very well-crafted) that are designed to connect one concept from another. I think the explanation for series and sequence was adequate in a level of non-rigorousness.

I'm learning calculus from a combination of A First Course by Lang and Calculus with Analytical Geometry by Thomas, and it's been working really well for me so far. I also have a book by Morris Kline that has nice explanations, but I think using three resources is a bit too much.

I like the very clear and elementary explanations in this book, as an introduction. I am assuming you know nothing about calculus, or are struggling in a beginning course. If you meant you already know computational calculus and want to plumb the deeper foundations, then other books are in order, like Spivak or Courant and John:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0812098196/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Related to Refer me to a book of calculus to clear the basic concepts

1. What are some recommended calculus books for beginners?

Some highly recommended calculus books for beginners are "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by James Stewart, "Calculus: Concepts and Contexts" by James Stewart, "Calculus" by Michael Spivak, and "Calculus: A Complete Course" by Robert A. Adams and Christopher Essex.

2. Are there any calculus books that focus on visual explanations?

Yes, there are several calculus books that focus on visual explanations, such as "Visual Calculus" by Lawrence S. Husch and "Calculus: A Visual Approach" by Raymond N. Greenwell, Nathan P. Ritchey, and Margaret L. Lial.

3. Is there a calculus book that includes real-life applications?

Many calculus books include real-life applications, but some notable ones are "Calculus with Applications" by Margaret L. Lial, Raymond N. Greenwell, and Nathan P. Ritchey and "Calculus: Early Transcendental Functions" by Ron Larson and Bruce H. Edwards.

4. Are there any calculus books that are suitable for self-study?

Yes, there are several calculus books that are suitable for self-study, such as "Calculus Made Easy" by Silvanus P. Thompson and Martin Gardner, "The Humongous Book of Calculus Problems" by W. Michael Kelley, and "Calculus: An Intuitive and Physical Approach" by Morris Kline.

5. Are there any online resources that can supplement a calculus book?

Yes, there are many online resources that can supplement a calculus book, such as Khan Academy, Paul's Online Math Notes, and MIT OpenCourseWare. These resources offer additional practice problems, video lectures, and interactive tutorials to help reinforce the concepts learned from a calculus book.