Recommended Books for Feynman's Path Integrals in QM | Bibliography Suggestions

In summary, the conversation recommends the following books for learning about Feynman's Path integrals for QM: - Modern Quantum Mechanics by Sakurai - QFT in a nutshell by Zee - A Tutorial on Field Theory by Ramond - Quarks Leptons & Gauge Fields by Huang - Techniques and Applications of Path Integration by Schulman - Path Integrals and Quantum Mechanics by Feynman and Hibbs - Field Theory: A Modern Primer by Ramond - Introduction to Gauge Field Theory by Bailin and Love - Feynman's thesis - Feynman's Lectures on Physics, Volume III - Path Integrals in Quantum Mechanics Statistics and Polymer Physics by
lgnr
Hi,

I'm looking for books about the Feymann's Path integrals for QM, which books can you recommend me? or which website could be useful

Thanks for your time and attention.

Physics news on Phys.org
lgnr said:
Hi,

I'm looking for books about the Feymann's Path integrals for QM, which books can you recommend me? or which website could be useful

In non-relativistic quantum mechanics, a good introduction can be found in Modern Quantum Mechanics by Sakurai, but most applications of the path integral are probably related to quantum field theory. A rather very readable book based upon that approach is QFT in a nutshell by Zee. There's also Ramonds (?) book "a tutorial on field theory" or something (typing from memory here) which is based upon the path integral formalism. And there must be many others I'm not aware of.

cheers,
Patrick.

you cn refer .." quarks leptons & gauge fields" by kerson huang ...it's wonderful ...hope u'll like it

"Techniques and Applications of Path Integration" by L. Schulman

A great book all about path integrals and the many places they appear.

Physics Monkey said:
"Techniques and Applications of Path Integration" by L. Schulman

A great book all about path integrals and the many places they appear.

Yes, I recommend that one too. From the easiest to the most recherche.

Try the one & only : Feynman & Hibbs :"Path Integrals and Quantum Mechanics".

QFT made using path integrals only is found in Pierre Ramond's "Field Theory: A Modern Primer" and D.Bailin and A. Love's "Introduction to Gauge Field Theory".

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
QFT made using path integrals only is found in Pierre Ramond's "Field Theory: A Modern Primer"

That's the reference I tried to recall (and butched up dearly :blushing:)

cheers,
Patrick.

vanesch said:
That's the reference I tried to recall (and butched up dearly :blushing:)

cheers,
Patrick.

I have Ramond's book too. It is very clear and step by step, but it does assume some maturity with the functional approach.

All right, thank you all

Hi,

Thank you for all your replies, but as I live in Mexico it wil be kinda hard to get those books, I hope I could find them in Amazon and if you know of another service I would thank you again a lot.
All right, thanks for your time and your attention

LGNR

Feynmann & Hibbs is long out of print; try abebooks.com. I generally look the book title and author name up on google to find who sells it and shop for a good price.

Dr Transport said:
Feynman's thesis has recently come into print, at $14 paperback it has to be a steal...
http://www.worldscibooks.com/physics/5852.html
why not learn some of the basics from his original work.
Hey Transport, glad you posted that link, I just ordered a copy ;) Yes, go to the source, I say! Feynman and Hibbs is excellent and well worth the price. I would also recommend Feynman's Lectures on Physics, Volume III, which is not specifically concerned with his path integral technique per se; nevertheless, there are enough shared concepts between his Lectures and the Feynman and Hibbs text that the Lectures, imho, serve as a useful introduction to the more complex text.
David

an excellent book

"Path Integrals in Quantum Mechanics Statistics and Polymer Physics"
written by Hagen Kleinert
A lot of knowledge about "Path Integral" could be acquired from his homepage.
Link:
http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~kleinert/

Related to Recommended Books for Feynman's Path Integrals in QM | Bibliography Suggestions

What is a bibliography and why is it important?

A bibliography is a list of sources used in research, such as books, articles, and websites. It is important because it provides credit to the original authors and helps readers locate and verify the information used in the research.

How do I create a bibliography?

Bibliographies can be created using various citation styles, such as MLA, APA, or Chicago. These styles have specific guidelines for formatting and organizing sources. There are also online tools and software available to help create bibliographies.

What information should be included in a bibliography entry?

The information included in a bibliography entry varies depending on the citation style used, but generally includes the author's name, title of the source, publication date, and publication information. Online sources may also require a URL or DOI.

Do I need to include every source used in my research in the bibliography?

Yes, all sources used in the research should be included in the bibliography. This includes sources that were directly quoted, paraphrased, or consulted for background information.

Can I use someone else's bibliography as my own?

No, it is not ethical to use someone else's bibliography as your own. Each bibliography should be created based on the sources used in your own research. Plagiarism, or using someone else's work without proper credit, is a serious offense in the scientific community.