Kerr Metric Bibliography: Resources for Timelike Geodesics

The Kerr Spacetime: Rotating Black Holes in General Relativity"In summary, the conversation is about finding resources for understanding and performing calculations related to timelike geodesics in the Kerr metric. The person has tried using one book but finds it complex and is looking for other recommendations. Another person suggests a collection of articles and a book titled "The Kerr Spacetime" as good resources for understanding the Kerr geometry and performing calculations.
CanoJones
TL;DR Summary
Searching for some good bibliography about the Kerr metric, especially interested in timelike geodesics.
Hi all:
As stated in the summary I'm in need for bibliography about timelike geodesics in the Kerr metric.
I have tried using the "Mathematical Theory of Black Holes" by S. Chandrasekhar but I find it a bit to complex.
Is there any other good books or articles about this that you might know?
Thanks in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
Funny you should ask this question because literally earlier today I was having a look around the library and picked out this one:

https://homepages.ecs.vuw.ac.nz/~visser/book4.shtml

It’s a collection of articles about different aspects of the Kerr geometry. I’ve only looked at chapters 1, 2 and 13 so far but I already feel more familiar with performing calculations in this geometry (and there’s fairly exhaustive reference material for each coordinate form of the metric which is nice to have on hand).

Likes Dale and vanhees71

1. What is the Kerr Metric?

The Kerr Metric is a mathematical model that describes the geometry of spacetime around a rotating black hole. It was first proposed by physicist Roy Kerr in 1963.

2. What are timelike geodesics?

Timelike geodesics are the paths that objects with mass follow through spacetime. In the context of the Kerr Metric, they represent the trajectories of particles or light rays as they move around a rotating black hole.

3. Why is the Kerr Metric important?

The Kerr Metric is important because it provides a more accurate description of the spacetime around rotating black holes than previous models. It has been used to make predictions about the behavior of matter and light in the vicinity of black holes, and has been confirmed by observations from astronomical sources.

4. What is the purpose of the Kerr Metric Bibliography?

The Kerr Metric Bibliography is a compilation of resources, such as books and articles, that contain information about the Kerr Metric and its applications. It is a useful reference for researchers and students studying black holes and general relativity.

5. How can I use the resources in the Kerr Metric Bibliography?

The resources in the Kerr Metric Bibliography can be used to gain a deeper understanding of the Kerr Metric and its implications. They can also serve as references for further research and can help in finding relevant literature for a specific topic related to the Kerr Metric.