Recommendations for Cosmology DVD for Kindergarteners

• Thread starter jobyts
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cosmology
In summary, the conversation recommends the cosmos dvd set by Carl Sagan as a great resource for learning about cosmology. There is a concern about the graphics since it was made in the 80's, but overall it is highly recommended. There is also a suggestion to watch it for free online.
jobyts
Can someone please recommend a cosmology dvd? In Amazon, I see very good review for Carl Sagan's cosmos dvd set. But I'm wondering since it was made in 80's, the the graphics would be inferior. Has anyone watched it? I would like to show it to my daughter (kindergarten), hoping she would develop some interest in science stuff.

A nearby library has the cosmos dvd, but my wife doesn't let me go due to the news about the swine flu :(

Physics news on Phys.org
Cosmos is wonderful. I HIGHLY recommend it!

Send me a p.m., and I can get send you an episode so you can try before you buy.

robertm said:
Cosmos is wonderful. I HIGHLY recommend it!

Send me a p.m., and I can get send you an episode so you can try before you buy.

That is a very nice offer of you, but check this out...the entire series is already free to watch online:

http://www.hulu.com/cosmos

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Recommendations for Cosmology DVD for Kindergarteners

1. What is cosmology?

Cosmology is the study of the origin, evolution, and structure of the universe.

2. Why is it important to introduce cosmology to kindergarteners?

Introducing cosmology to kindergarteners can spark their curiosity about the world around them and help develop their critical thinking skills. It also lays the foundation for a better understanding of science in the future.

3. What are some key concepts that should be included in a cosmology DVD for kindergarteners?

Some key concepts that should be included are the Big Bang theory, galaxies, stars, planets, and the basic structure of the universe. It is also important to introduce basic scientific methods and principles, such as observation and experimentation.

4. How can we make cosmology understandable for young children?

One way to make cosmology understandable for young children is to use simple and relatable language, visuals, and interactive activities. Using familiar objects or examples can also help them grasp complex concepts more easily.

5. Are there any potential negative effects of introducing cosmology to kindergarteners?

There are no known negative effects of introducing cosmology to kindergarteners. However, it is important to present the information in an age-appropriate and balanced manner to avoid overwhelming or confusing children.