Reaction time of Light Dependant Resistors

In summary, the conversation is about a person working on a project involving Light Dependant Resistors (LDR's) and needing to create a graph of the reaction time with different frequencies of light. They are unsure of how to approach this and seek help, and the conversation also touches on the potential application of this project in fields such as robotics, physics, and electrical engineering. Ultimately, the person decides to plot 1/frequency vs. reaction time for different frequencies of light.
oli_collins
I am doing this bit of work on the reaction time of Light Dependant Resistors (LDR's) with different frequencys of light and i need to be able to get a graph out of it and I am not sure what to do for it. i was thinking of plotting reaction time vs. frequency but apart from making a graph and getting no information out of it i have no idea what to do. I need to have an answer by tomorrow so any help anyone can give would be good.

Physics news on Phys.org
Nice I did not know about these until this thread. Well you have to factors, frequency and the light intensity hitting the LDR. So you could plot the surface of resistance created by light intensity, and frequency.

I do no know how interesting this is though. What is this for? Robotics class? Physics lab? EE class/project? Capstone?

its for Advanced Level Physics. i now know what I am doing I am plotting 1/frequency vs. reaction time at different frequencys of each wavelength of light

Related to Reaction time of Light Dependant Resistors

What is a Light Dependant Resistor (LDR)?

A Light Dependant Resistor, also known as a photoresistor, is a type of resistor whose electrical resistance changes based on the amount of light that falls on it. It has a high resistance in the dark and a low resistance in the light.

How does the resistance of an LDR change with respect to light?

The resistance of an LDR decreases as the intensity of light increases. This means that when there is more light, the LDR will have a lower resistance and allow more current to pass through.

What factors affect the reaction time of LDRs?

The reaction time of LDRs can be affected by several factors such as the material used, the size and shape of the LDR, the intensity and wavelength of light, and the temperature of the surrounding environment. Additionally, the circuit design and components used can also impact the reaction time.

How can the reaction time of an LDR be measured?

The reaction time of an LDR can be measured by using a multimeter to measure the resistance of the LDR in different lighting conditions. The time it takes for the resistance to change can be recorded and analyzed to determine the reaction time.

What are the applications of LDRs?

LDRs are commonly used in light-sensitive devices such as streetlights, cameras, and solar panels. They are also used in automatic lighting systems, burglar alarms, and light intensity meters. Additionally, they can be used in experiments to measure the reaction time of light.