Reach Career Goals in Ethology Anthropology (Junior Year of HS)

• Thread starter Partisan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Career
In summary, as a junior in high school interested in ethology anthropology, the best thing to do at this point is to read up on subjects that interest you and take classes that will provide a good background in science and social sciences. While there may not be specific high school classes for anthropology, starting with popular science books can introduce you to the bigger questions and establish context. Additionally, focusing on a broad area of anthropology and taking introductory courses in university can help prepare for future goals. Reliable websites and suggestions can also be beneficial.
Partisan
I'm interested in Ethology Anthropology which studies human culture in a historic and comparative perspective. I'm in my Junior year of High School and my question is what majors will separate me from the people I'm competing with and what classes will help me prepare or get a better perspective of my career goals. I asked a similar question and a man said to basically their isn't any high school classes that will help and that it's a good idea that I study for a broad area of anthropology just in case my goals fall short. I agree with him on the last part Anthropology has 4 major fields but what can I do now to help benefit me to reach my future goals? Any reliable websites, suggestions, ect will be extremely helpful.

Physics news on Phys.org
Read.

As a junior in high school the best thing you can really do at this point is read up on subjects that interest you. It's okay to start with the popular science books as these will introduce you to some of the bigger questions, establish the context in which people are searching for answers and will generally do it in an entertaining way.

Take classes that will give you a good background in science and social sciences. Social science high-school curricula tend to vary so it's difficult to say what exactly to take. The advantage of this is that anthropology courses in university tend to start out as introductory courses.

Alright thanks that's the best answer I've heard all day. I've been trying to read up on anthropology but nothing comes up they give info on colleges that have it, and the fields but not like what they want educationally.

Related to Reach Career Goals in Ethology Anthropology (Junior Year of HS)

1. What is ethology anthropology?

Ethology anthropology is the study of human behavior and culture, specifically focusing on how our actions and beliefs are shaped by our evolutionary past. It combines principles from biology, psychology, and anthropology to understand the complex interactions between humans and their environment.

2. How can I reach my career goals in ethology anthropology?

To reach your career goals in ethology anthropology, you should start by taking relevant courses in high school, such as biology, psychology, and social studies. In college, you can major in anthropology or a related field and take courses specifically focused on ethology anthropology. It's also important to gain experience through internships, research projects, and fieldwork.

3. What skills are important for a career in ethology anthropology?

Some important skills for a career in ethology anthropology include critical thinking, data analysis, communication, and cultural sensitivity. You should also have a strong interest in human behavior and a willingness to learn about different cultures and societies.

4. What types of jobs can I get with a degree in ethology anthropology?

A degree in ethology anthropology can lead to a variety of career paths, including research positions in academic or government settings, consulting for businesses or organizations, and working in cultural resource management. You could also pursue a career in education, healthcare, or social services.

5. How can I prepare for a career in ethology anthropology while still in high school?

In addition to taking relevant courses, you can prepare for a career in ethology anthropology by volunteering or interning at museums, zoos, or research institutions. You can also participate in cultural exchange programs or travel to different parts of the world to gain a better understanding of different cultures and societies. Building strong writing and research skills will also be beneficial for future studies in this field.