Rachel Maddow's Moment of Geek: Metrology

• Thread starter IcedEcliptic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Geek Moment
In summary, the conversation revolved around a woman who wished the participants a happy Metrology day and had a guest who was allowed to speak. The participants also discussed their admiration for the woman and her intelligence, as well as their disdain for other news anchors.
IcedEcliptic
I think I love this woman. :) She wishes us a happy Metrology day!

http://www.worldmetrologyday.org/

She had a guest as well, and let him actually SPEAK.

Physics news on Phys.org
My neighbor is a manager of a metrology lab - too bad I didn't see her today to wish her a Happy World Metrology Day!

IcedEcliptic said:
I think I love this woman. :) She wishes us a happy Metrology day!

http://www.worldmetrologyday.org/

She had a guest as well, and let him actually SPEAK.

what an interesting yardstick you have

Proton Soup said:
what an interesting yardstick you have

I am a bit jaded by experts who get 30 seconds or so to counter a barrage of idiot questions from an anchor. That aside, thanks for the compliment, the ladies can't get enough of my yardstick, although given that length when I become aroused I faint. :biggrin:

IcedEcliptic said:
I am a bit jaded by experts who get 30 seconds or so to counter a barrage of idiot questions from an anchor. That aside, thanks for the compliment, the ladies can't get enough of my yardstick, although given that length when I become aroused I faint. :biggrin:

ja, she's one of the better ones, unlike that douche that comes before her

Proton Soup said:
ja, she's one of the better ones, unlike that douche that comes before her

No argument there, MSNBC is painful, but she's a lot of fun. Openly biased, but whip smart and for all that she lectures, she also listens. Oberman, Joe... they are some psychotic photo negative of Beck and O'Rielly.

Related to Rachel Maddow's Moment of Geek: Metrology

1. What is metrology?

Metrology is the science of measurement, including the development and use of measurement standards, tools, and techniques. It is used in various industries, including manufacturing, engineering, and science.

2. Why is metrology important?

Metrology is important because accurate and precise measurements are essential for producing quality products, ensuring safety and reliability, and advancing scientific research. It also helps to establish trust in trade by providing a common language for measurement.

3. What are some common measurement standards used in metrology?

Some common measurement standards used in metrology include the International System of Units (SI), which is based on seven fundamental units (e.g. meter, kilogram, second), and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in the United States, which maintains the primary measurement standards for the country.

4. How has technology influenced metrology?

Technology has greatly influenced metrology by providing more precise and accurate measurement tools, such as laser interferometers and coordinate measuring machines. It has also enabled the development of new metrology techniques, such as 3D scanning and non-contact measurement.

5. What is the future of metrology?

The future of metrology is likely to involve further advancements in technology, such as the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning for data analysis and measurement. It may also involve the development of new measurement standards for emerging fields, such as nanotechnology and biotechnology.