Question regarding paper 5 ocr physics Click this

In summary, the conversation is about a student named Greg who is struggling with the design experiment section of his paper 5. He is seeking tips and tricks for the experiment planning section and asks for help from a physics expert. Suggestions given include memorizing experiments from tutorials, practicing past exam questions, and using knowledge from theory to choose the correct apparatus. It is also advised to pay attention to the lecturer's instructions and to remain calm during the exam. Some difficulties with understanding the marking scheme are also mentioned.
sl3py87
Hi , I m greg, i am having problems with the paper 5 design experiment section. Its like when i see the question, i am totally blank i can't predict which apparatus suitable for the experiment and my exams will be in 2 days time...Is there any tips and tricks for the experiment planning section?..Any physics expert have any solution to this problem? HELP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps you could start of by memorizing the experiments you do during tutorials. Its also always the best to start off by practicing a lot on practice papers. Get past yr exam question and practise them again and again.

Before entering the examination hall. Make sure u know all the steps to take by heart. Take also what u learn from theory to assist you to using the correct apparatus and sorts.

Note: Exams are just there to gauge how much you have learn and not there to kill you. Remember, whatever ur lecturer says is very important. They know exactly what is required for you to score well, make sure you make good use of them.

OCR exams tend to be tricky and uve got only 2 days u say ... well there's not much hope for u there to "learn" how to do Paper 5 ...

Check out mark schemes and stuff ... memorize that ... and keep ur calm in the examination hall ... isn't OCR paper 5 planning and design ??

ya its planning and design...okie okie i ll try off think of sumthing.. what i am worried is when i c the design part i can't think of what apparatus to used? i see the marking scheme b4 but sum parts its hard to understand :confused:

Related to Question regarding paper 5 ocr physics Click this

1. What is paper 5 OCR Physics?

Paper 5 OCR Physics is a written examination that covers practical skills and data analysis in the field of physics. It is one of the papers included in the OCR A-level Physics course.

2. What topics are covered in paper 5 OCR Physics?

Paper 5 covers topics such as experimental design, data collection, data analysis, and evaluation of experimental methods. It also includes questions on specific physics concepts and principles related to these topics.

3. How is paper 5 OCR Physics different from other papers in the OCR A-level Physics course?

Paper 5 focuses specifically on practical skills and data analysis, whereas the other papers cover a broader range of physics topics. It also has a shorter duration compared to the other papers.

4. How can I prepare for paper 5 OCR Physics?

You can prepare for paper 5 by practicing experimental design and data analysis skills, as well as reviewing your knowledge of key physics concepts. You can also utilize past papers and practice questions to familiarize yourself with the format and types of questions asked.

5. How much of my final grade is paper 5 OCR Physics worth?

Paper 5 is worth 20% of your final grade in the OCR A-level Physics course. This makes it an important paper to prepare for and perform well on in order to achieve a good overall grade.