Question on math methods book

In summary: Both are good, but Hassani is more comprehensive and modern, and his book is highly praised by those who have read it. In summary, given only the choices you listed, Hassani's book would be the better option for learning methods.
Physics news on Phys.org
I only know Hassani's book, and it's great!

Likes smodak
Both are good, but Hassani is more comprehensive (and more modern).

Likes smodak
In my opinion Hassani.
Ssnow

Likes smodak
Absolutely Hassani. I have an older version.

Alone this quotation from the preface in Hassani's book tells it all: "If math is the language of nature, physics is its poetry." (quoted from my memory, I don't have the book here, at the moment).

Likes Jianphys17
vanhees71 said:
I don't have the book here, at the moment
Here you go
It is said that mathematics is the language of Nature. If so, then physics is its poetry.

Likes vanhees71
I never seen the folks agree so much on a book as we have done here in this thread :)

Likes Demystifier
It's true !
:wideeyed:

Likes Demystifier
Just to break the agreement: Hassani sucks, Arfken Weber is much better. (Just kidding! :biggrin: )

Likes smodak
Ah i thought !

Demystifier said:
Just to break the agreement: Hassani sucks, Arfken Weber is much better. (Just kidding! :biggrin: )
Hm, it must be at least as hot weather outside at your place as here in Frankfurt :rolleyes:

Likes Demystifier
vanhees71 said:
Hm, it must be at least as hot weather outside at your place as here in Frankfurt :rolleyes:
Until a few hours ago it was very hot in Zagreb, but now it is raining and quite humid. :oldgrumpy:

By the way, my brother lives in Frankfurt, so if you see him say hallo to him! :wink:

Likes smodak and vanhees71

Related to Question on math methods book

1. What topics does the math methods book cover?

The math methods book covers a wide range of topics such as calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, and numerical methods.

2. Is the book suitable for beginners or advanced mathematicians?

The book is suitable for both beginners and advanced mathematicians. It provides a comprehensive introduction to mathematical methods and also includes advanced topics for those who want to further their knowledge.

3. Does the book include practical examples and applications?

Yes, the book includes numerous practical examples and real-world applications to help readers understand the relevance and usefulness of the mathematical methods being discussed.

4. Are there any exercises or practice problems in the book?

Yes, the book includes exercises and practice problems at the end of each chapter to help readers reinforce their understanding and apply the concepts learned.

5. Is the book suitable for self-study or is it best used in a classroom setting?

The book can be used for both self-study and in a classroom setting. It is designed to be easily understandable and includes clear explanations and examples, making it suitable for self-learning. However, it can also be used in a classroom with the guidance of a teacher or tutor.