Question from my Kinematics Exam.

In summary, the conversation discusses a question about a car's acceleration on an exam, with the answer being 2 m/s/s. The person initially thought it was 9 m/s/s but realized their mistake. They confirm that the correct answer is 2 m/s/s, assuming constant acceleration.
x2468
okay this is really retarded. but i actually got stuck on this question today. i think it went something like:
a car accelerated from rest and traveled 81 meters in 9 seconds. what was its acceleration?
it was like the simplest Q on the exam. but i cept thinking it must be 9m/s/s because in the first second its going 9, then 18, so on and so on to 81 meters in 9 seconds? but i did the math and got 2 m/s/s. I am still not totally sure. 9 and 2 were both choices. i went with 2. right chocie or wrong?
|
|
|
upon writing this, i think i simply got m/s mixed up with m/s/s:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
a = 2d/t^2

a= 2m/s/s

9m/s/s is really fast, like crotch rocket fast

[tex]y=y_0+v_0t+ \frac{at^2}{2} [/tex]

[tex] 81.0= 0+ 0+ \frac{a(9)^2}{2} [/tex]

so a= 2,

you got it right. (I assumed constant acceleration).

Related to Question from my Kinematics Exam.

1. What is kinematics?

Kinematics is a branch of physics that deals with the motion of objects without considering the forces that cause the motion.

2. What are the key concepts in kinematics?

The key concepts in kinematics include displacement, velocity, acceleration, time, and position.

3. What are the equations used in kinematics?

The equations used in kinematics are the equations of motion, including the equations for displacement, velocity, and acceleration.

4. What is the difference between speed and velocity?

Speed is the rate of change of distance, while velocity is the rate of change of displacement. Speed is a scalar quantity, while velocity is a vector quantity with both magnitude and direction.

5. How is kinematics used in real life?

Kinematics is used in many real-life applications, such as designing and analyzing the motion of vehicles, predicting the trajectory of projectiles, and understanding the movements of living organisms. It is also essential in fields like engineering, robotics, and sports science.