Question about single track model

• Automotive
  • Thread starter ronasbeg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Model Track
In summary, the conversation discussed using a single track model to study the yaw rate and sideslip of a vehicle with a given steering angle input. However, the model assumes a constant velocity, which may not accurately reflect real-world scenarios. The question was raised about incorporating a variable velocity profile in the model and how it would affect the lateral dynamics of the vehicle. Suggestions were sought for further insights on this topic.
ronasbeg
Hello guys,

I've been doing some simulink modelling about a study that's been ongoing for a while , I've used the single track model to see the yaw rate and sideslip for the given steering angle input ,
But as you know single track model makes the assumption of vehicle velocity as constant. Now the question is , what if I don't assume this velocity to be a constant value and want to see the yaw rate and sideslip wrt to the steering input and the given velocity profile ( for ex , vehicle accelerates from 15 m/s to 25 m/s and decelerates to same velocity linearly again.)

If you have some opinions , I appreciate .Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
can anybody help me ? ?

The single track model was designed to model vehicle lateral dynamic, therefore you would miss something, e.g. the vehicle longitudinal dynamic. But I think in this way you will understand how the vehicle lateral dynamic changes with the speed, as example it will change the vehicle yaw damping.

Related to Question about single track model

What is a single track model?

A single track model is a simplified mathematical representation of a system or process that has only one variable. It is often used in scientific research to understand the behavior of complex systems.

What are the advantages of using a single track model?

One of the main advantages of using a single track model is that it allows for easy analysis and understanding of complex systems. It also helps in making predictions and identifying key variables that affect the system.

What are the limitations of a single track model?

A single track model may not accurately represent the full complexity of a system, as it simplifies the variables and relationships between them. It may also have limited predictive power and may not account for all factors that affect the system.

How is a single track model created?

A single track model is created by identifying the main variable or factor of interest and simplifying the relationships between it and other variables. This is often done through mathematical equations or computer simulations.

How can a single track model be used in scientific research?

A single track model can be used in various fields of scientific research, such as biology, physics, and economics. It can help in understanding and predicting the behavior of complex systems and can serve as a starting point for further exploration and experimentation.