Question about length contraction

In summary: You are misunderstanding how length contraction works, almost certainly because you are overlooking the relativity of simultaneity.In summary, the principle of relativity states that when two observers view the same event, their measurements of time and space will be different.
Nathan123 said:
some of the points I am making are not comming across

One final note: you are misstating this. We all understand the points you are making; but we also know they are wrong. That's why we are disagreeing with you.

Once more: you need to understand that you are the one making a mistake here. You don't need to explain to us how you look at these things. You need to unlearn your way of looking at them and learn the correct way. If you can't or won't take the time to do that, future threads of yours on this topic are likely to be short-lived. We have given you every chance in this thread to improve your understanding; trying to rehash these points in future threads will not be viewed favorably.

Nathan123 said:
I may be wrong about what I said, but I am not sure.

We are sure. You are wrong.

Likes m4r35n357
Physics news on Phys.org
@Nathan123
Best thing you can do: get hold of a copy of Taylor and Wheeler's book "Spacetime Physics" and work carefully through it.

Likes SiennaTheGr8 and Ibix