Quantum Entanglement Measurement and Superposition in Photons

• Thread starter Frank_H
  • Start date
In summary, quantum entanglement, measurement, and superposition are fundamental concepts in the study of photons. Entanglement refers to the strong correlation between two or more particles, even when separated by large distances. Measurement allows for the observation and manipulation of these particles, while superposition allows for the coexistence of multiple states within a single particle. These concepts have significant implications in the fields of quantum computing, cryptography, and communication.
Frank_H
How did you find PF?
Online search
Hi,

If this forum is only used for professionals and my question is too remedial I apologize in advance. I only have a high school diploma and its been a while since I've been in school so please bear with me if this question isn't phrased correctly. This question is in reference to quantum entanglement. When a Super positioned photon is measured to determine spin does it's spin stay in that orientation as long as it's measured it or does it immediately go back to a Super positioned state? In other words if you determined the spin of a quantum entangled particle at say 12:00 pm and constantly measured it, would it's spin stay in the same direction at say 12:02 pm. or is the measurement only good for the exact moment it was initially measured?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Just realized this is not the appropriate area for a question. I withdraw my question.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello and :welcome: !

No, these forums are for all who are honestly interested in science. We have mainly two goals: help students of any age with the studies and discuss scientific (published) papers and theories.But there are no restrictions on who may ask us. Just make sure to label your questions according to the level you expect answer. However, it may happen occasionally that answers will be a bit over-leveled, i.e. people sometimes tend to give correct answers, even if the question requires a "B" (basic). In that case you are free to complain about it.

Have fun, and stay curious!

Thanks,

Likes berkeman