Quantum Coaching on company website

In summary, the conversation revolves around an organization's addition of "Q is for Quantum Leadership and Quantum Organisations" to its website. While the organization claims that incorporating insights from quantum physics can invigorate businesses and institutions, the conversation participants express skepticism and ridicule towards this idea, with one even planning to write a book titled "Quantum Zen" to capitalize on the trend. The conversation ends with a call for a physicist to comment on the misuse of the term "quantum" in this context.
dekebrodie
Hi,
First post, after some help. The (UK) organisation I work for today added this to its website and I'd love to find a pithy way of critiquing it:

Q is for Quantum Leadership and Quantum Organisations

Today organizations and those who work in them need to be adaptable, flexible, and open to change in order to deal with the uncertainty our current age brings. Leadership expert, Margaret Wheatley (1999) asserts that “Newtonian Organizations no longer work (if they ever did) and that leaders can invigorate their businesses and institutions (and churches) by incorporating the insights of quantum physics.”

Why is Quantum physics applicable to leadership and organisations?

Quantum physics, chaos theory and complexity science all propose that nothing in nature is fixed, events are not predictable and control is an illusion. Thus, these theories can be applied to leadership and organisational development to ensure survival and prosperity in our uncertain times.

Dimensions of quantum leadership:

Recognising that fundamental imperatives flow from the quantum vacuum, celebrating visions and values​
Like the people around me, I'm an arts grad but I know this 100% crap. Would love to find a good put down or two so I can get it taken down...
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Well dekebrodie...I can't come up with anything pithy at the moment, sorry :redface:. But good for you for seeing BS in the all-to-common practice of pairing "quantum" with random words, as a way to look...well, I don't even know what they're tying to achieve by it, unless they're trying to look like science poseurs.

I think today's "quantum" was how "atomic" was used in the 1950s.

Sigh...just, sigh.

Oh and welcome to PF :smile:!

Having been a Zen Buddhist practitioner interested in Physics for many years I've spent much time cringing at both the abuse of the words "Quantum" and "Zen" used in books and websites that have nothing to do with either. I've decided that these words seem to yield very successful book sales, hence my next book "Quantum Zen" which I plan on using to fund my math degree. The actual subject matter is yet to be decided, though I plan on a follow up weight loss book called Quantum Zen Antioxidant Detox which will undoubtedly be on Oprah's list.

dekebrodie, I don't know if I'd bother trying to get such things removed. Such ignorant drivel takes the form of a strange alien which only multiplies whenever an attempt is made to kill it.

lisab - You may be right about the word atomic, though the word is often used in conversation to indicate something small or even indivisible (which atoms are not). Such usage doesn't really bother me that much since it's an ok analogy - but perhaps I'm just more desensitized since I wasn't around in the 50s and have always just heard it used that way.

-DaveKA

daveKA - wittily put, thank you. But ignorance going 'mainstream' - in a site at my workplace - seems something that I should stand up about. Otherwise where does it end?

Surely it offends physicists? And would an offended physicist please aim some bile in its direction?

How about if I call it as another example of the bastardization of quantum mechanics?

Zz.

Your organization seems to be suggesting that one can control (e.g. "ensure survival and prosperity") that which they've claimed to be uncontrollable. The very premise contradicts itself. Their "explanation" is an incoherent collection of meaningless, unsubstantiated assertions.

It looks to me like someone from the marketing department went on a cut-and-paste rampage and murdered a beautiful subject.

dekebrodie said:
Hi,
First post, after some help. The (UK) organisation I work for today added this to its website and I'd love to find a pithy way of critiquing it:

Today organizations and those who work in them need to be adaptable, flexible, and open to change in order to deal with the uncertainty our current age brings. Leadership expert, Margaret Wheatley (1999) asserts that “Newtonian Organizations no longer work (if they ever did) and that leaders can invigorate their businesses and institutions (and churches) by incorporating the insights of quantum physics.”

Quantum physics, chaos theory and complexity science all propose that nothing in nature is fixed, events are not predictable and control is an illusion. Thus, these theories can be applied to leadership and organisational development to ensure survival and prosperity in our uncertain times.

Recognising that fundamental imperatives flow from the quantum vacuum, celebrating visions and values​
Like the people around me, I'm an arts grad but I know this 100% crap. Would love to find a good put down or two so I can get it taken down...
Thanks

Speechless... That is hilarious. Almost made up hippy nonsense.

dekebrodie said:
Hi,

Thanks
Well perhaps one can figure out an angle with Dark Matter, or Black Holes, or the Uncertainty Principle.

It is unfortunate the some people misappropriate scientific terms.

ZapperZ said:
How about if I call it as another example of the bastardization of quantum mechanics?

Zz.

+infinity. A quantum workplace? Whats the expectation value for this being an excuse to randomly fire people?

Sounds like a natural selection car, a genetic company or a thermodynamic person.

luma said:
Sounds like a natural selection car, a genetic company or a thermodynamic person.
Hmmm - so one could consider an attractive person as 'really thermodynamic'. :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
Hmmm - so one could consider an attractive person as 'really thermodynamic'. :biggrin:

Exothermic :!)

lisab said:
Exothermic :!)
:smile: I can just imagine the reaction when saying to a woman, "Oh, you're so exothermic!" :-p :smile:

Astronuc said:
:smile: I can just imagine the reaction when saying to a woman, "Oh, you're so exothermic!" :-p :smile:
Yeah, but the one that gets it is a keeper. :!)

Related to Quantum Coaching on company website

1. What is Quantum Coaching?

Quantum Coaching is a method of personal and professional development that combines principles of quantum physics with coaching techniques. It focuses on tapping into the power of the mind and harnessing the energy of the universe to create positive change in individuals and organizations.

2. How is Quantum Coaching different from traditional coaching?

Quantum Coaching takes a more holistic approach by incorporating concepts from quantum physics, such as energy and consciousness, into the coaching process. It also emphasizes the importance of mindset and the role it plays in creating success.

3. What are the benefits of Quantum Coaching?

Quantum Coaching can lead to improved performance, increased self-awareness, enhanced creativity, and a deeper understanding of one's purpose and potential. It can also help individuals and teams overcome limiting beliefs and achieve their goals more efficiently.

4. Is Quantum Coaching suitable for all types of businesses?

Yes, Quantum Coaching can be applied in any business or industry. It is especially beneficial for organizations looking to foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and personal growth.

5. How can I incorporate Quantum Coaching into my company's culture?

To incorporate Quantum Coaching into your company's culture, you can offer coaching sessions or workshops for employees, integrate quantum principles into leadership training programs, and encourage a growth mindset among team members. It is also important to lead by example and practice quantum principles in your own leadership style.