How does the Singularity produce all the diverse matter in the universe?

In summary: More precisely, the earliest state of the universe of which we have reliable knowledge is a hot, dense, rapidly expanding state in which our current observable universe was a small "ball". The entire universe is spatially infinite according to our best current model; that means it was spatially infinite then as well.
shushi_boi
TL;DR Summary
How does the Singularity produce all of the diverse matter and properties that we observe in the Universe today?
How does the Singularity produce all of the diverse matter and properties that we observe in the Universe today?

Although Theories like Quantum Gravity have somewhat produced indications about the existence of Graviton particles and allow some form of Gravity to operate within the laws of Quantum Physics, and I know that there are a lot more work needed to be done when it comes to finding a more basic underlying reality or phenomena (perhaps at the Planck scale or past it) that unites all of the basic fundamental forces and their elementary particles (and somewhat the graviton particle that may really exist according to Ligo),
[I personally think that information, may likely be a candidate for uniting the elementary particles according to the research concerning Maxwell's Demon and the inter-relationship between space-time and information and entropy according to RolfLandauer, Charles Benneth, and Leo Szilard's research
or John Polkinghorne's work on Active Information, although these specific conclusions about these studies in relation to the Singularity and Quantum Gravity are my private hypothesis only and private personal inclinations since there isn't much data about this]

but accordingly, through our current Cosmological Big Bang theories and the singularity and beginning of space-time, how do we go from the singularity (and what are the physical propteries of the singularity, or the particles that the singularity itself is made of or what stuff or properties it has) to the expansion that we see that produces and mixes the elementary particles through the cosmological constants affecting how they interact with each other to forming hydrogen and those predominant hydrogen molecules producing more complex matter chemical molecules and heavier elements along with energy interacting with the fundamental forces (weak, strong nuclear and electromagnetic forces) and particles (like photons, electrons, etc) to produce more diverse properties and phenomena that eventually creates our diversified universe (probably this was a very simple and botched summary from my end and I apologize if I get this idea and concept totally wrong of the evolution of matter and it's process of self organization).

Although similar debates to this question have emerged in many different fields (like Evolution, Computer Science, etc.) about Emergence/Supervenience vs Reductionism, complexity vs simplicity, and bottom up vs top down approach of constructing models, how do we address this similar issue in cosmology from a simple singularity that expands out and produces a diverse physical reality with a lot of molecules and chemicals and different forms of matter interacting with space-time that produce different states of matter, etc. What is the Singularity? And what causes it to expand and produce all of the diverse properties and states of matter that we see?

Space news on Phys.org
shushi_boi said:
Summary:: How does the Singularity produce all of the diverse matter and properties that we observe in the Universe today?
A singularity is a point at which the mathematics breaks down. By definition, therefore, no mathematical model can emerge from a singularity. Instead, a mathematical model may lead to a singularity at some point.

Likes Vanadium 50 and shushi_boi
If we rewind relativity to the extreme then we get a singularity at the beginning of time, but as stated above a singularity means your maths has broken down so we do not believe that the universe started as a singularity.

Current Big Bang theory points to an extremely small, extremely hot and extremely dense "ball" where the universe expanded from, not from a singularity.

I recall correctly the physics of what happened from something like 1 to the minus 32 seconds onwards is fairly well understood. What existed at t=0 is unknown.

Likes shushi_boi
MikeeMiracle said:
Current Big Bang theory points to an extremely small, extremely hot and extremely dense "ball" where the universe expanded from

With that wording you should write "observable universe" not universe.

Likes shushi_boi
MikeeMiracle said:
Current Big Bang theory points to an extremely small, extremely hot and extremely dense "ball" where the universe expanded from

More precisely, the earliest state of the universe of which we have reliable knowledge is a hot, dense, rapidly expanding state in which our current observable universe was a small "ball". The entire universe is spatially infinite according to our best current model; that means it was spatially infinite then as well.

In inflationary models, the state described above occurs at the end of inflation, when "reheating" creates the hot, dense, rapidly expanding state.

Likes shushi_boi
Not sure I understand why it is just the "observable universe" that had those conditions if the whole universe came from the same beginings and is the same everywhere. Is there a simple explanation? Or is it just because we do not know for sure what is outside our observable universe but we probably feel it should be the same as we can see? For example we see many galaxy's whose light is only just reaching us "now" but whose actual "position" by now will be outside the observable universe so it "should" be the same outside the observable universe as inside? Feel free to spin this off to a new thread to discuss.

Likes shushi_boi
MikeeMiracle said:
Not sure I understand why it is just the "observable universe" that had those conditions

I didn't say that only the observable universe had those conditions (hot, dense, rapidly expanding) at that time. The entire universe did. But the entire universe was not a "small ball" at that time; it was spatially infinite. The term "small ball", which you used, only describes our observable universe at that time, not the entire universe.

Likes shushi_boi
MikeeMiracle said:
Not sure I understand why it is just the "observable universe" that had those conditions

If our universe is infinite in extent now then it was infinite during Big Bang, so you can't say it was "extremely small ball". Infinite ##\neq## small.

Likes shushi_boi
Ok, I get it now I think. Each "area" of the universe as it was then, both observable and outside the observable universe, had the same starting conditions and each area has since likely "expanded" by similar amounts.

Likes shushi_boi
MikeeMiracle said:
Each "area" of the universe as it was then, both observable and outside the observable universe, had the same starting conditions and each area has since likely "expanded" by similar amounts.

Yes, assuming that "area" means "a portion of the universe that was the same size as our observable universe was at the time of the Big Bang".

Likes shushi_boi and MikeeMiracle

1. How does the Singularity produce matter?

The Singularity is a hypothetical state in which all matter and energy in the universe is compressed into an infinitely small and dense point. The exact mechanism of how this state produces matter is still unknown, but it is believed that the intense energy and pressure within the Singularity causes particles to form and interact, eventually leading to the creation of matter.

2. Where does the matter come from in the Singularity?

The matter in the Singularity is thought to originate from the Big Bang, the event that is believed to have created the universe. During the Big Bang, all the matter and energy in the universe was compressed into a singularity, which then expanded rapidly, leading to the formation of the universe as we know it.

3. How does the Singularity produce diverse matter?

The diversity of matter in the universe is a result of the different types of particles and interactions that occur within the Singularity. As the intense energy and pressure within the Singularity causes particles to form and interact, they can combine and form different types of matter, leading to the diversity of elements and particles that we observe in the universe.

4. Can the Singularity produce all types of matter?

It is currently unknown if the Singularity has the capability to produce all types of matter. The laws of physics as we understand them do not fully apply in the extreme conditions of the Singularity, so it is possible that there are types of matter that can exist within the Singularity that we have not yet discovered.

5. Does the Singularity continue to produce matter?

The Singularity is a theoretical concept that describes the state of the universe at its beginning. As the universe expands and cools, the conditions within the Singularity no longer exist, so it is not possible for it to continue producing matter. However, matter is constantly being created through various processes such as nuclear fusion in stars, so the creation of matter is an ongoing process in the universe.