Quadratic Function Help for 10th Grade French Math Exam

In summary, the person is looking for online websites to practice quadratic functions in preparation for an exam. They specify that the exercises should be in French and preferably more challenging. However, they are open to using English websites and can translate the problems themselves. They also mention a French math forum that may be helpful. They mention that their teacher tends to create tricky questions that require careful analysis.
instant_ramen
Quadratic function...help!

Hi

I have an exam (next week) on quadratic functions! (10th grade) Any online websites where I can practice?I need problematic situations(there's a problem - you analyze - calculate stuff,etc)... By the way, I'm studying in a FRENCH HIGH SCHOOL, therefore the exercises *SHOULD* be in French...

Thanks !

P.S.: It's an enriched math course, I'd be better if the website provides tougher questions...

=]

Physics news on Phys.org

I've never taken math in French, sorry. I assume the letters are the same, though.

Well...can you suggest any english site? I'll try to "translate it" in french.

Yes, you're right, the letters are obviously the same.

Thanks~!

The math is exactly the same. Practice exercises in English. I guess you don't have problem in understanding the French used for small-word problems.
Otherwise you're more asking a book to teach you French and not maths.
Nevertheless if you're interested I found you a French math forum : http://forums.futura-sciences.com/mathematiques-college-lycee/. You might want to check out posts related to quadratic functions.

Thanks for the link fluidistic. By the way, my math teacher has a weird habit of writing tricky questions where most of the times students make errors by not properly analyzing the text (questions/problems)...Otherwise, french isn't a problem.

BTW, I won't mind any english sites..i just want to see if i can properly find solutions to the problems. :)

Related to Quadratic Function Help for 10th Grade French Math Exam

1. What is a quadratic function?

A quadratic function is a type of polynomial function that can be written in the form f(x) = ax^2 + bx + c, where a, b, and c are constants and x is the independent variable. It is a function that follows a parabolic shape when graphed.

2. How do you graph a quadratic function?

To graph a quadratic function, plot a few points using different values of x and then connect them with a smooth curve. Alternatively, you can use the vertex form of the function, f(x) = a(x-h)^2 + k, to determine the vertex and axis of symmetry, and then plot points symmetrically on either side of the axis of symmetry.

3. What is the quadratic formula and how is it used?

The quadratic formula is used to solve quadratic equations of the form ax^2 + bx + c = 0. It is written as x = (-b ± √(b^2-4ac))/2a. To use it, substitute the values of a, b, and c into the formula and solve for x using the rules of order of operations.

4. What is the discriminant of a quadratic function?

The discriminant of a quadratic function is the term inside the square root in the quadratic formula, b^2-4ac. It is used to determine the number and type of solutions to a quadratic equation. If the discriminant is positive, there are two real solutions. If it is zero, there is one real solution. And if it is negative, there are no real solutions.

5. How can I use a quadratic function to model real-life situations?

Quadratic functions can be used to model various real-life situations, such as the trajectory of a projectile, the profit or loss of a business, or the growth and decay of a population. By representing real-life data with a quadratic function, we can make predictions and analyze patterns and trends in the data.