Q) A closed chamber containing working refrigerator is pefectly

In summary, if a closed chamber containing a working refrigerator is perfectly insulated and the door of the refrigerator is opened, the temperature inside the chamber will decrease as the heat removed from the inside of the fridge has to go somewhere and will be released into the room. This is assuming that the insulation is perfect and the heat produced by the refrigerator can be ignored. However, if the insulation is not perfect and the heat produced by the refrigerator is taken into account, the temperature inside the chamber may remain the same or even increase.
kmp
Q) A closed chamber containing working refrigerator is pefectly insulated and d door of refrigerator is opened, wat ll happen to temperature inside the chamber
a)Decrease
b) Remain same
c) Increased
d) Cant say coz it depends on quality of insulation

Physics news on Phys.org

i think ,as the chamber is insulated so the temperature inside it should remain same, it will neither increase nor decrease. but i want a confirmed answer!

It should decrease if the insulation is perfect which is exactly what the questions states. Think of the feeling you get when you stand a meter from your refrigerator then someone opens the door; cold air escapes from it and you can feel that cold air.

kmp said:
i think ,as the chamber is insulated so the temperature inside it should remain same, it will neither increase nor decrease. but i want a confirmed answer!

So post up your reasoning. My guess is that along with considering the room to be perfectly insulated, you're also supposed to ignore the fact that any real refrigeration cycle will produce heat that isn't available for the refrigeration (of course that assumption works best with common compressor style refrigerators, which is a safe bet).

yster said:
It should decrease if the insulation is perfect which is exactly what the questions states. Think of the feeling you get when you stand a meter from your refrigerator then someone opens the door; cold air escapes from it and you can feel that cold air.

The "cold" air is not magically created. The heat removed from the inside of the fridge has to go somewhere, which is the point of this question.

S_Happens said:
The "cold" air is not magically created. The heat removed from the inside of the fridge has to go somewhere, which is the point of this question.

Had to read that statement a couple of times to understand. I guess I just rushed into answering.

The compressor style refrigerants produce both heat and "cold" If there was a clear way to determine how much heat is removed compared to the heat added. If the total heat produced in the condensor is less that the heat absorbed in the evaporator then the temperature should decrease and vice versa.
The problem is more tricky than it seems. Given that the C.O.P is generally more than 1 I still believe the temperature should drop. It is easy to argue that it will stay the same, I don.t see it increasing though.

Do not forget the energy being added to the room via the electrical cord to power the refrigerator.

Think of the feeling you get when you stand a meter from your refrigerator then someone opens the door; cold air escapes from it and you can feel that cold air.

Think of the feeling you get from the back of the refrigerator also.

i agree with you all ,heat produced by the refrigerator can't be ignored, so its correct to say 'If the total heat produced in the condensor is less that the heat absorbed in the evaporator then the temperature should decrease '.
i was considering both the processes ,cooling and simultaneous production of heat equally, so that's why concluded that the temperature should remain same. But iam finding that yster's statement is explaining it properly!

yster said:
Had to read that statement a couple of times to understand. I guess I just rushed into answering.

The compressor style refrigerants produce both heat and "cold" If there was a clear way to determine how much heat is removed compared to the heat added. If the total heat produced in the condensor is less that the heat absorbed in the evaporator then the temperature should decrease and vice versa.
The problem is more tricky than it seems. Given that the C.O.P is generally more than 1 I still believe the temperature should drop. It is easy to argue that it will stay the same, I don.t see it increasing though.

There is indeed a clear way to make the determination. I don't think you understand what the COP is representing. It is not the heat removed from the inside divided by the heat displaced to the outside. It is the ratio of heat removed from the inside to the work required to transfer it.

256bits said:
Do not forget the energy being added to the room via the electrical cord to power the refrigerator.

I was hoping the OP was going to walk us through their reasoning and stumble across this in the process. :-p

kmp said:
i agree with you all ,heat produced by the refrigerator can't be ignored, so its correct to say 'If the total heat produced in the condensor is less that the heat absorbed in the evaporator then the temperature should decrease '.
i was considering both the processes ,cooling and simultaneous production of heat equally, so that's why concluded that the temperature should remain same. But iam finding that yster's statement is explaining it properly!

Yster's statements have not been correct. 256bits post should be the most useful to you. I was trying to offer less information and have you figure it out for yourself.

There is no sense in worrying about your "if" statement about the evaporator and condenser. These are easy enough to calculate, but not important to this question.

Related to Q) A closed chamber containing working refrigerator is pefectly

1. What is a closed chamber containing a working refrigerator?

A closed chamber containing a working refrigerator is a sealed space that houses a refrigerator unit, typically used for storing and preserving food or other perishable items at a cold temperature.

2. How does a closed chamber containing a working refrigerator work?

The closed chamber contains the refrigeration unit, which works by compressing and expanding a refrigerant gas to remove heat from the inside of the chamber, thus keeping the temperature cool.

3. What are the benefits of using a closed chamber containing a working refrigerator?

The benefits of using a closed chamber containing a working refrigerator include efficient cooling, preservation of food and other items, and prevention of contamination or spoilage.

4. Are there any safety concerns with a closed chamber containing a working refrigerator?

As with any electronic appliance, there are potential safety concerns with a closed chamber containing a working refrigerator. It is important to follow manufacturer's instructions and regularly maintain and clean the unit to prevent any potential hazards.

5. How do I choose the right closed chamber containing a working refrigerator for my needs?

When choosing a closed chamber containing a working refrigerator, consider factors such as size, energy efficiency, and features such as temperature control and storage capacity. It is also important to research and read reviews to find a reputable and reliable brand.