Publish University Text in Web: What Type?

• MHB
  • Thread starter evinda
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Type Web
In summary: No problem! Depending on what the professor wants to do with the presentation, you may want to use an article class or a more specialized document class. If it is just an ordinary presentation with no specific requirements, then you may want to just use beamer and post it online. Beamer is a common type of document that is used for presentations. No problem! Depending on what the professor wants to do with the presentation, you may want to use an article class or a more specialized document class. If it is just an ordinary presentation with no specific requirements, then you may want to just use beamer and post it online. Beamer is a common type of document that is used for presentations.
evinda
Gold Member
MHB
Hello! (Wave)

I have written a text in LATEX for the univeristy and my prof wants to put it in the web.
I wrote it using [m]beamer[/m].
Do you think that it is a good type or should I use an other one? Should I write maybe for example an article or something else? (Thinking)

Physics news on Phys.org
evinda said:
I wrote it using [m]beamer[/m].
Do you think that it is a good type or should I use an other one?
[m]beamer[/m] and [m]article[/m] are examples of document classes.

What class to use depends completely on what type of document you and your professor want to put online. If there is a specific requirement, for example, if you are uploading an article to arXiv.org or if you need to publish an extended abstract as an outcome of your grant research, then you should use [m]article[/m] or a similar class. If you have no requirements on what to publish, I would not spend time on changing what you have already prepared. If you have lecture slides done using [m]beamer[/m], that's fine. A lot of people post their slides online.

Evgeny.Makarov said:
[m]beamer[/m] and [m]article[/m] are examples of document classes.

What class to use depends completely on what type of document you and your professor want to put online. If there is a specific requirement, for example, if you are uploading an article to arXiv.org or if you need to publish an extended abstract as an outcome of your grant research, then you should use [m]article[/m] or a similar class. If you have no requirements on what to publish, I would not spend time on changing what you have already prepared. If you have lecture slides done using [m]beamer[/m], that's fine. A lot of people post their slides online.

I had a presentation in university and the prof wants to publish it.. Now I wrote it as an [m] article [/m]. Thanks for your answer! (Smile)

Related to Publish University Text in Web: What Type?

1. What is the best file format for publishing university text on the web?

The most commonly used file format for publishing university text on the web is PDF (Portable Document Format). This format preserves the layout, fonts, and graphics of the original document and is widely compatible with different devices and operating systems.

2. Can I use HTML to publish university text on the web?

Yes, HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) can be used to publish university text on the web. It allows for easy formatting, linking, and embedding of media, making it a versatile and popular choice for web publishing.

3. Is it better to publish university text as a webpage or a downloadable document?

This depends on the purpose of the publication. If the text is meant to be easily accessible and shareable, publishing it as a webpage would be a better option. However, if the text is meant for more formal or professional use, a downloadable document may be more appropriate.

4. Are there any copyright concerns when publishing university text on the web?

Yes, there can be copyright concerns when publishing university text on the web. It is important to ensure that all necessary permissions are obtained and proper citations are included when using copyrighted material.

5. How can I ensure the accessibility of university text published on the web?

To ensure the accessibility of university text published on the web, it is important to use clear and concise language, provide alternative text for images, and use proper heading and formatting techniques. It is also important to test the publication with assistive technologies to ensure accessibility for all users.