Prominent U.S. Physicists Send Letter to President Bush

• News
  • Thread starter scott1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physicists
In summary: HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE in acreage. They say that's why we're still developing them, just in case.In summary, Thirteen of the nation’s most prominent physicists have written a letter to President Bush, calling U.S. plans to reportedly use nuclear weapons against Iran “gravely irresponsible” and warning that such action would have “disastrous consequences for the security of the United States and the world.”
What do politicians know about politics ?

Good point. :smile:

They're just exercising their free market clout - I see nothing wrong with that.

I'm not saying they don't have a right to their own opinions. Just wondering why it would be given special treatment if they dealing outside their area of expertise.

They have to tell the milltary how to use the bombs without killing our guys.

Well its too late for that now that the military already knows how to use them! :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
Prominent U.S. Physicists Send Letter to President Bush
I wish I had thought of this response earlier -

"Why bother, he probably can't read it" :smile:

EL said:
I think a simple statement like "We won't use nukes against a nonnuclear country" could calm things down significantly.

This might be old, but that's stupid. Using nukes on a non-nuclear country is safer but not cowardly.
1) We aren't going to get in trouble, atleast into a war with acountry that could invade us. We would just tick off the UN.
2) Nukes shouldn't be used on civilizans as undoubtedly stated before.

Astronuc said:
I wish I had thought of this response earlier -

"Why bother, he probably can't read it" :smile:
He has demonstrated ad nauseum that he cannot even pronounce the word "nuclear", and apparently his staff either does not care, or they think that it helps him appeal to the demographic that is dumb enough to support him. Nukular?...duh! Honey, did you leave the pork rinds in the El Camino?