Program that calculates the list of x and f(x) for a given function

In summary: Did you click on more in the menu for the whole list of available functions like e^x which is actually exp(x).No, I only clicked on the function button.
Arman777
Insights Author
Gold Member
Is there an online program that for a given function value and range, it lists the f(x) and x?

Technology news on Phys.org
Doesn't a spreadsheet do this, e.g. a spreadsheet on Google Drive is free just get a Google account.

Arman777 said:
Is there an online program that for a given function value and range, it lists the f(x) and x?

What about a spreadsheet?

[edit]gleem was a little faster.[/edit]

Hmm I never thought that..How can I do that ? using a function ?

How familiar are you with spreadsheets?

gleem said:
How familiar are you with spreadsheets?
Not much but I am searching I am sure I ll find a way

Go to the Google site and create an account.

gleem said:
Go to the Google site and create an account.
okay I opened

At the top of the page is the Google banner and on the right is an icon consisting of a 3x3 symbolic matrix. Click on this to get into Googles apps In the menu click on Drive . Click on My Drive button to access the Window Office like apps. Click on Sheet to open the spreadsheet. You can create most any function you want by selecting the Insert button and then the function button.

Arman777 said:

What's the context, i.e., why do you want to do this?

You've described using Python to solve some problems in recent threads. Is there a reason you don't just use Python? Note that there are some Python interpreters that you can access online, e.g. here, if this is somehow important.

wle said:
What's the context, i.e., why do you want to do this?

You've described using Python to solve some problems in recent threads. Is there a reason you don't just use Python? Note that there are some Python interpreters that you can access online, e.g. here, if this is somehow important.
gleem said:
At the top of the page is the Google banner and on the right is an icon consisting of a 3x3 symbolic matrix. Click on this to get into Googles apps In the menu click on Drive . Click on My Drive button to access the Window Office like apps. Click on Sheet to open the spreadsheet. You can create most any function you want by selecting the Insert button and then the function button.
oh I know that functions but I actually mean the mathematical functions like e^x etx .well yes I actually can write in python and I did it so I guess problem solved.

Arman777 said:
oh I know that functions but I actually mean the mathematical functions like e^x etx

Did you click on more in the menu for the whole list of available functions like e^x which is actually exp(x).

Related to Program that calculates the list of x and f(x) for a given function

1. How does the program calculate the list of x and f(x) for a given function?

The program uses the input function and a range of x values to calculate the corresponding f(x) values. It then creates a list of x and f(x) pairs, which can be displayed or used for further calculations.

2. What type of functions can this program handle?

This program can handle a wide range of functions, including polynomial, exponential, logarithmic, trigonometric, and many others. As long as the function is defined mathematically, the program can calculate its values for a given range of x.

3. Can I specify a custom range of x values for the program to calculate?

Yes, you can specify a custom range of x values for the program to calculate. This allows you to tailor the list of x and f(x) pairs to your specific needs.

4. Is there a limit to the number of x values the program can handle?

The program can handle a large number of x values, but it may slow down or crash if the range is too large. It is recommended to specify a reasonable range of x values for optimal performance.

5. Can I export the list of x and f(x) pairs generated by the program?

Yes, you can export the list of x and f(x) pairs to a file or clipboard for further use. This allows you to easily transfer the data to other programs or save it for future reference.