Problem opening an Adobe pdf file with my Adobe Reader

• Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    File Pdf
In summary, the sender sent me a pdf file that I cannot open with Adobe Reader. I tried all the suggested solutions, but they did not work. I also scanned the file for malware and made sure I have backups of my important files.
yungman
Lately I have been receiving pdf files ( with Adobe sign) that I cannot open with my Adobe reader. I have no problem with all the Adobe pdf I have, just those from that sender. The error message is:
Adobe reading problem0.jpg

When I click OK, I have this message:

Adobe reading problem1.jpg

I tried all the options, got nowhere. Anyone know about this?

thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
Here’s some suggestions some of which you tried. Perhs the active x is the one to fix it meaning there’s some media embedded. However I’d beware unless you trust this sender.

https://www.summitlighthouse.org/what-to-do-if-you-cannot-read-a-pdf/

is there a password on the pdf?
Thanks for the reply, there is no password. I even downloaded eXpert pdf reader and still won't work. I tried to reinstall Adobe reader, it said my version is up to date already. It's funny, when I first downloaded the pdf file, I could read it with the Chrome, but when I saved it it the folder, I couldn't open it anymore. I suspect it's the pdf that was sent to me has a problem, not on my side. Luckily, While it was still working, I printed it out already.

I'll try the suggestion you linked later

Thanks

You might want to do a good malware scan too as these files could potentially harbor one.

Also make sure you have backups of your important and not so important files.

yungman said:
when I first downloaded the pdf file, I could read it with the Chrome, but when I saved it it the folder, I couldn't open it anymore.
Try opening the saved file with Chrome instead of Adobe Reader. Right click on the file -> Open With -> Google Chrome. Let us know the results.

1. Why am I unable to open an Adobe pdf file with my Adobe Reader?

There could be several reasons for this issue. Some common causes include a corrupted or outdated Adobe Reader, a damaged pdf file, or a conflicting program on your computer that is blocking the file from opening.

2. How can I fix the issue of not being able to open a pdf file with my Adobe Reader?

First, try updating your Adobe Reader to the latest version. If that doesn't work, try repairing the installation. If the file is damaged, you can try using a pdf repair tool or ask the sender to resend the file. Lastly, check for any conflicting programs on your computer and try disabling them.

3. Can I use a different program to open the pdf file?

Yes, there are many alternative pdf readers available, such as Foxit Reader, Sumatra PDF, and Nitro Reader. You can also use web browsers like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to open pdf files.

4. Why am I getting an error message when trying to open the pdf file?

This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as the file being password-protected, the file being damaged, or the pdf reader not being compatible with the file. Check for any error messages and try the solutions mentioned in the previous questions.

5. Is there a way to prevent this issue from happening in the future?

To avoid this issue, make sure to regularly update your Adobe Reader and other programs on your computer. Also, be cautious when downloading pdf files from unknown sources as they may contain viruses or be damaged. It's always a good idea to have alternative pdf readers installed on your computer in case of any compatibility issues.