Checking PDF Expiration in Adobe Reader 9.5.5: A Simple Guide by Josh

• Thread starter member 428835
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pdf
In summary, the conversation discusses how to check if a PDF document has a time limit or self-destruct feature. The individuals in the conversation are unsure if this is a common feature in PDFs and are interested in learning more about it. Resources such as a forum thread and Google search are suggested for finding more information on this topic.
member 428835
hey all!

i have a pdf and i am wondering how to check if it expires. i am opening it in adobe reader 9.5.5

thanks for any reply!

josh

Computer science news on Phys.org
What do you mean 'expires'?

by "expire" i mean permanently close so that one is unable to open it. i thought there was a way to govern this and i was wondering how to check if one such government was in place.

maybe there is, never heard of or come across a pdf I couldn't open many of them years old,
maybe they didnt have this timelock you speak of ?
interested to see what responses others offer

Dave

By 'expire', do you mean making the .pdf document read only, so that one can view the contents but not make any modifications? Or are you thinking that you can install a 'time bomb' in the document, so that after the trigger date, the file erases itself or otherwise renders itself unreadable by anyone?

If the latter, you might read this Acrobat User's forum thread:

http://answers.acrobatusers.com/how-create-destruct-pdf-q56856.aspx

You can also google 'Acrobat file self destruct' for other methods and discussions.

Related to Checking PDF Expiration in Adobe Reader 9.5.5: A Simple Guide by Josh

What is Adobe Reader 9.5.5?

Adobe Reader 9.5.5 is a software program developed by Adobe that allows users to view, print, and annotate PDF (Portable Document Format) files.

Why is it important to check PDF expiration in Adobe Reader 9.5.5?

Checking PDF expiration in Adobe Reader 9.5.5 is important because it ensures that the document is still valid and has not been tampered with since it was created. It also helps to prevent security risks and ensures that the document can be opened and read properly.

How do you check PDF expiration in Adobe Reader 9.5.5?

To check PDF expiration in Adobe Reader 9.5.5, open the PDF document and click on the "File" menu. Then, select "Properties" and go to the "Security" tab. Under "Document Restrictions Summary," you will see the expiration date for the document.

Can you change the PDF expiration date in Adobe Reader 9.5.5?

No, the PDF expiration date cannot be changed in Adobe Reader 9.5.5. Only the creator of the PDF file can set the expiration date and it cannot be altered by the recipient.

What happens when a PDF expires in Adobe Reader 9.5.5?

When a PDF expires in Adobe Reader 9.5.5, it can no longer be opened or viewed. The file will be locked and cannot be accessed until the expiration date is extended or removed by the creator of the document.