Prepare for University Application in 2 Months

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's limited time to decide on a university application and the need to narrow down their interests to one field of study. They mention a variety of interests including music, art, film, architecture, engineering, chemistry, physics, law, and the game industry. The speaker also mentions being limited in their options due to living in Canada.
fghtffyrdmns
In two months, university application will start. So I have this little time to decide what to do.

I don't think it is a possibility to do everything I want so I have to narrow it down to one.

What can I do?

Physics news on Phys.org
You can start by listing the type of things you want to do.

aostraff said:
You can start by listing the type of things you want to do.

Well, it would be really awesome to do music, art and film. But I also really want to do architecture and engineering, chemistry and physics. Law is also something I have been contemplating. As well as something in the game industry.

I live in Canada so I always thought I'd be able to do them all until someone told me I can't ( and I realized it as well).

Related to Prepare for University Application in 2 Months

1. How can I prepare for university application in just 2 months?

Preparing for university application in just 2 months may seem daunting, but it is possible with proper planning and dedication. First, make a list of all the universities you are interested in and research their application requirements and deadlines. Then, create a study schedule and set aside time each day to work on your application materials, such as writing personal statements, gathering letters of recommendation, and taking required tests. It's also important to stay organized and have a checklist to ensure you don't miss any important steps.

2. Is 2 months enough time to improve my academic record for university application?

While 2 months may not seem like a lot of time, it is possible to make significant improvements to your academic record in that time frame. Focus on your weaker subjects and reach out to teachers or tutors for extra help. Additionally, consider taking online courses or participating in extracurricular activities that showcase your strengths and interests. Admissions committees also take into account the trend of your academic performance, so showing improvement in the last 2 months can still make a positive impact.

3. What are some tips for writing a strong personal statement in a short amount of time?

Writing a personal statement in just 2 months can be challenging, but there are some tips that can help you make the most of your time. First, start early and brainstorm ideas before diving into the writing process. Then, focus on highlighting your unique experiences and qualifications that make you a strong candidate for the university. It's also important to have someone else, such as a teacher or mentor, review and provide feedback on your statement to ensure it is polished and effective.

4. How should I prioritize my time when preparing for university application in 2 months?

Prioritizing your time is crucial when preparing for university application in just 2 months. Start by making a list of all the tasks you need to complete, such as taking tests, writing essays, and gathering materials. Then, rank them in order of importance and set deadlines for each task. It's also important to take breaks and prioritize your mental and physical well-being. Remember, quality over quantity is key in this process.

5. What should I do if I feel overwhelmed during the 2-month preparation period?

Feeling overwhelmed during the university application process is common, but it's important to not let it discourage you. If you start feeling overwhelmed, take a step back and reevaluate your priorities. Consider delegating tasks to others, such as asking for help with proofreading or gathering materials. It's also important to take breaks and practice self-care. Remember that it's normal to feel stressed during this process, but try to focus on the end goal and keep a positive attitude.