Pre-Algebra Help for Teachers: Problems & Solutions

In summary: ODMAS stands for Curly Brackets, BODMAS stands for Brackets, O stands for Orders, D stands for Division, M stands for Multiplication, A stands for Addition, S stands for SubtractionIn summary, a teacher is seeking help with teaching their students algebra and fractions. They are looking for resources and directions on how to review these topics with their students, and provide a few website links for free worksheets on PEMDAS (order of operations) and fractions. They also mention the importance of teaching students the BODMAS rule for order of operations.
Amer
I am a teacher in a school my students has some algebra problems like which comes first multiplication addition...etc
and they got problems in fractions also, so i am thinking to make a review with much problems to solve
what i need is some directions or if there is a website with different problems about this subject.

Thanks

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Here's a few links. I googled "Free PEMDAS Worksheets".

First Link. You can refresh this page and get randomly generated new sheets, supposedly.

http://www.math-drills.com/orderofoperations.shtml. Not so many sheets, but this site has fractions (scroll all the way to the bottom).

You get the idea.

thanks very much

You're welcome!

You should first teach your students the BODMAS rule which goes like this Bracket open,Division,Multiplication,Addition and then Subtraction and for understanding fraction tell them to practice on fraction worksheets.

anky2930 said:
You should first teach your students the BODMAS rule which goes like this Bracket open,Division,Multiplication,Addition and then Subtraction and for understanding fraction tell them to practice on fraction worksheets.
Please teach yourself what the mnemonic stands for before confusing anyone else.

BODMAS the O stands for Orders, which I find confusing, BEDMAS is better with E standing for Exponents or Exponentiation

CB

Related to Pre-Algebra Help for Teachers: Problems & Solutions

1. What is Pre-Algebra?

Pre-Algebra is a branch of mathematics that focuses on essential concepts and skills that are necessary for success in algebra and higher math courses. It serves as a foundation for understanding more complex mathematical concepts.

2. Why is Pre-Algebra important for teachers to understand?

Pre-Algebra is important for teachers to understand because it lays the groundwork for students to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills. It also helps students build a strong foundation in mathematical concepts that they will use throughout their academic and professional careers.

3. What are some common problems students face in Pre-Algebra?

Some common problems students face in Pre-Algebra include difficulty understanding abstract concepts, struggling with basic math skills, and not having a strong foundation in previous math courses. Students may also struggle with applying mathematical concepts to real-world situations.

4. How can teachers help students who are struggling with Pre-Algebra?

Teachers can help students who are struggling with Pre-Algebra by providing extra practice problems, breaking down complex concepts into smaller, more manageable steps, and offering one-on-one support. It is also helpful for teachers to provide real-world examples and hands-on activities to make the material more relatable and engaging for students.

5. What resources are available for teachers to improve their understanding of Pre-Algebra?

There are many resources available for teachers to improve their understanding of Pre-Algebra, including textbooks, online courses, workshops, and educational websites. Collaborating with other teachers and seeking guidance from experienced educators can also be beneficial in gaining a better understanding of Pre-Algebra and its teaching methods.