Power Engineering & AI Universities in North America: Research & Connect

In summary, when looking for good universities in the fields of power engineering and AI for higher education, masters, or PhD in North America, some suggestions include reaching out to local professors and staying updated on recent developments. Ga Tech was once known for excelling in both fields, but it is unclear if that is still true. Other universities to consider include those with a focus on energy policy and economics, such as Ga Tech's website suggests.
rootX
What are some good universities in the fields of power engineering and AI in North America for higher education, masters or phd?

I guess I can contact my local professors to find about it or get myself familiar with recent developments and contact the authors. So far, I only been trying find information from google but have not found something good.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
At one point Ga Tech was good at both, but I don't know if that's still true.

phinds said:
At one point Ga Tech was good at both, but I don't know if that's still true.
There are too many good names but I didn't get impression that they focus on power let alone combination of power and AI.

Ga Tech has impressive website:
http://www.energy.gatech.edu/research/index.php

One of the areas is "Energy Policy and Economics". I am doing Economics minor along with my EE and that opens interesting another possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Power Engineering & AI Universities in North America: Research & Connect

1. What is the difference between power engineering and AI?

Power engineering is a field that deals with the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity, while AI (artificial intelligence) is the study of creating intelligent machines that are capable of making decisions and solving problems on their own.

2. What are some top universities in North America for power engineering and AI research?

Some top universities in North America for power engineering research include Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), University of California-Berkeley, and Georgia Institute of Technology. For AI research, top universities include Stanford University, Carnegie Mellon University, and University of Toronto.

3. What types of research are being conducted in power engineering and AI at these universities?

At these universities, research in power engineering focuses on renewable energy sources, smart grid technology, and energy efficiency. In AI, research includes natural language processing, computer vision, and machine learning.

4. Are there opportunities for students to connect with industry professionals in these fields?

Yes, many of these universities have partnerships with industry leaders in power engineering and AI, providing students with opportunities for internships, networking events, and research collaborations.

5. What are some notable achievements or breakthroughs in power engineering and AI research at these universities?

Some notable achievements in power engineering research at these universities include the development of energy storage systems, grid optimization technology, and advanced power electronics. In AI, breakthroughs have been made in natural language processing, computer vision, and autonomous vehicles.