Postdoc in Environmental Radiation: Find Available Posts Worldwide

• Physics
  • Thread starter hariprasath
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Postdoc
In summary, the individual is seeking suggestions for postdoctoral research positions in their field of expertise, environmental radiation levels. There is some concern about the individual's readiness to pursue a postdoc and advice is given on where to look for such positions. It is recommended that the individual seeks opportunities through conferences, job listings, and recommendations from their thesis advisor.
hariprasath
I have worked on environmental radiation levels n determining the radioactivity in the environmental samples. I would like to do post doc in the field. I request to suggest me the posts available all over the world.

Physics news on Phys.org
To be entirely honest, if you have or are completing a Ph.D. in subfield X, and are planning to obtain a postdoctoral research position in subfield X, you should already know where you should be looking for such positions. You know who are the relevant names in academia, the private sector, and government - even if you haven't already met with them in one form or another at a conference or other meeting, you are familiar with their work through the literature.

Likes DrSteve, e.bar.goum and Evo
hariprasath said:
I have worked on environmental radiation levels n determining the radioactivity in the environmental samples. I would like to do post doc in the field. I request to suggest me the posts available all over the world.

I would go further than Mike H by stating that the way you framed the question makes me wonder if a post doc is the right choice for you.

What is the reason for you choice? Postdoc is a training experience, helping you prepare for the career you wish. If you have good experience in dosimetry and you want to diversify your experiences, it's good way to find a postdoc.

Many conferences have a bulletin board of researcher's looking for post-docs. I believe for example AGU (although I last attended 5 years ago) had a physical whiteboard with cards on it in one of the conference centers. Higher-ed Jobs sometimes lists post-doc positions. In the long run though, I think the "break" usually comes through more selective channels, like previous post-docs, or recommendations from tour thesis advisor.

thank you, but i didnt get the specified results

hariprasath said:
thank you, but i didnt get the specified results

It is because your question lacks the specific details. You avoided or ignored several questions/queries posted to you, such as why you don't know about where to look for such postdoc opportunities yourself.

Zz.

Related to Postdoc in Environmental Radiation: Find Available Posts Worldwide

What is a postdoc in environmental radiation?

A postdoc in environmental radiation is a research position that involves studying the effects of radiation on the environment. This may include analyzing the impact of radiation on plants, animals, and ecosystems, as well as developing strategies to mitigate potential negative effects.

What qualifications do I need to apply for a postdoc in environmental radiation?

To apply for a postdoc in environmental radiation, you typically need to have a PhD in a relevant field such as environmental science, radiation biology, or nuclear engineering. You should also have a strong background in research and a publication record in the field of environmental radiation.

Where can I find available postdoc positions in environmental radiation?

You can find available postdoc positions in environmental radiation by searching on job websites, university or research institute websites, and by networking with colleagues and professors in the field. There are also specialized websites and databases specifically for postdoc positions, so be sure to check those as well.

What are the benefits of doing a postdoc in environmental radiation?

Doing a postdoc in environmental radiation can provide you with valuable research experience and help you develop a specialized skillset in a growing field. It can also allow you to work with top researchers and gain exposure to cutting-edge technologies and techniques. Additionally, a postdoc can be a stepping stone to a permanent research position or a career in academia.

What are some potential research areas within environmental radiation for a postdoc?

Some potential research areas within environmental radiation for a postdoc include studying the effects of radiation on specific ecosystems or species, developing methods for monitoring and measuring environmental radiation levels, and investigating the use of radiation in environmental remediation and management. Other areas of research may include risk assessment and communication related to environmental radiation, as well as the development of radiation protection measures for the environment and human health.