Post-Op Injection for Wound Healing: What You Need to Know

• Medical
  • Thread starter porums
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around a person who underwent surgery to remove a lump on their waist. They were then told to visit the hospital for an injection, which caused them a lot of pain. The substance injected was not specified, but it is believed to be an antibiotic or cortisone. The person is advised to ask their doctor about the injection and not let anyone inject them without knowing what it is beforehand.
porums
Thanks for reading

I used make an operation to cut off a lump on my waist
I went home 1 week after that, and I was told to visit back the hospital for injection once.
They injected my butt with some substance, that I barely walked straight right after that. It's terribly painful. This injection is known to be a mustdo for all patients with open/cut wound, the doctors claimed it helped heal the internal injury.

Does that substance have a name ?

Biology news on Phys.org
I've never heard of such a thing as returning to a hospital a week after surgery for an injection of an antibiotic as a standard course of action. It certainly isn't the norm in the US, so I don't know what your circumstances were or what the medical customs in your area were.

The only thing that comes to my mind, is when you said its terribly painful, was a cortisone injection. They sometimes give this post-operation for control of any inflammatory conditions.
You should ask your Doctor what the shot was, to be sure.

Thanks for your replies, :smile:

I saw it but not clear, it is pretty white and may be gel-like, [I wish it would be drinkable instead of butt injection] :smile:
I am impossible to walk straight right after the injection at the butt, There are cases, for old people, doctors might let it pass through the vein, not butt injection, it may be easier for them.

Your pain might be just due to the location of the injection. Injection at this site are quite painful due the large amount of muscle in that area.

Also, your injection was probably not penicillin because the liquid would be similar to water and not gel-like.

You should talk to your doctor.

From such little information, there is absolutely NO WAY anyone here could guess at what you may or may not have gotten as an injection. Call your doctor if you want to know what you were treated with.

In fact, you should never let someone, not even a doctor, inject you with something without asking, before hand, what it is.

Related to Post-Op Injection for Wound Healing: What You Need to Know

1. What is a post-op injection for wound healing?

A post-op injection for wound healing is a medical procedure where a medication is injected directly into the wound site after a surgical procedure. This is done to promote faster healing and reduce the risk of infection.

2. How does a post-op injection help with wound healing?

A post-op injection can help with wound healing in several ways. It can provide medication directly to the wound site, which can reduce inflammation and promote healing. It can also help prevent infection by targeting bacteria that may be present in the wound.

3. Who is a good candidate for a post-op injection for wound healing?

Patients who have undergone surgery and have a wound that is at risk for infection or slow healing may be good candidates for a post-op injection. This may include those with weakened immune systems or chronic illnesses.

4. What are the potential risks or side effects of a post-op injection?

As with any medical procedure, there are some potential risks and side effects associated with a post-op injection. These may include pain or discomfort at the injection site, bleeding, bruising, or infection. It is important to discuss any concerns with your healthcare provider.

5. How long does it take for a post-op injection to work?

The effectiveness of a post-op injection for wound healing can vary from person to person. In some cases, patients may notice improvement in their wound within a few days, while others may take longer. It is important to follow your healthcare provider's instructions and continue any prescribed medications to ensure proper healing.