Possible topic: What are some potential topics for a Physics Extended Essay?

In summary, the conversation is about a student who is looking for a topic for their Extended Essay in physics, which is a 3000-word essay for an assessment in their high school program. They are considering writing about electric circuits or Simple Harmonic Motion and are seeking suggestions from others.
adit999
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this..im just a noob
ok i want to start my EE for physics.. can someone pls give me a topic to write on.
I wanted to do sumthing on electric circuits or Simple Harmonic Motion
its sumthing that shuld be possible to do in a school
any suggestions would be apperciated thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
adit999 said:
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this..im just a noob
ok i want to start my EE for physics.. can someone pls give me a topic to write on.
I wanted to do sumthing on electric circuits or Simple Harmonic Motion
its sumthing that shuld be possible to do in a school
any suggestions would be apperciated thanks

Welcome to the PF. What's an EE for physics? Are you first year of university in EE or in physics, for example? What education have you had so far in EE or physics? What is the assignment, exactly?

Maybe a survey of oscillator circuits that produce voltages that vary sinusoidally?
I recall seeing a whole bunch of them in a circuit cookbook.

I'm a student studying in IB (international Baccalaureate) which is equivalent to high school n this is one of the components of assessment n i need to start pretty soon. EE stands for Extended essay whcih a 3000 word essay on a specific question which we make up for ourselves

Related to Possible topic: What are some potential topics for a Physics Extended Essay?

What is the purpose of a Physics Extended Essay?

The purpose of a Physics Extended Essay is to allow students to delve deeper into a specific topic within the field of physics and conduct their own independent research. This essay also helps students develop important skills such as critical thinking, data analysis, and scientific writing.

How do I choose a topic for my Physics Extended Essay?

Choosing a topic for your Physics Extended Essay can be a challenging task. It is important to choose a topic that you are genuinely interested in and have some background knowledge about. You can also seek guidance from your teacher or research online for potential topics.

What is the structure of a Physics Extended Essay?

The structure of a Physics Extended Essay follows the basic structure of a scientific research paper. It typically includes an abstract, introduction, literature review, methods, results, discussion, and conclusion. However, the exact structure may vary depending on the specific topic and research question.

How do I conduct research for my Physics Extended Essay?

To conduct research for your Physics Extended Essay, you can use a variety of sources such as scientific journals, books, online databases, and reputable websites. It is important to critically evaluate the reliability and credibility of your sources before using them in your essay.

What are some tips for writing a successful Physics Extended Essay?

Some tips for writing a successful Physics Extended Essay include choosing a narrow and focused topic, conducting thorough research, organizing your ideas and data effectively, and using proper scientific language and formatting. It is also important to seek feedback from your supervisor and make revisions as needed.