Pls can someone help me to solve this question, am practicing for my exams.

• Thread starter smokee
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exams
In summary, the wall and the ground are exerting forces on the ladder of 10kg and 80kg, respectively. The force of the wall is 706.32 N and the force of the ground is 529.74 N.
smokee
A 5 metre long ladder in equilibrium leans against a wall, touching it 4 metres above
the ground. The ladder’s mass is uniformly distributed and is equal to 10kg. An 80kg
man stands on the centre rung of the ladder. Assume the wall is frictionless but that
the ground can exert a frictional force. Calculate the forces exerted on the ladder by
the wall and the ground. And does anyone knows any thing about bonding and anti-bonding order in molecular orbitals...

Thanks alot

smokee

Physics news on Phys.org
welcome to pf!

hi smokee! welcome to pf! :wink:

(pleeease don't give two different threads the same title! :redface:)

draw the ladder with all the forces acting on it

write equations for the components of force in the x and y directions, and for the moments of force about some suitable point …

what do you get? :smile:

ere thanks a lot tiny-tim

please i still don't get much about it, see what i did, i found the distance on the ground from the bottom of the wall to the bottom of the ladder, its 3 metres then i calculated the angle at which the ladder is leaning on the wall...its 53.13 degress...

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, that's the angle

now write equations for the components of force in the x and y directions, and for the moments of force about some suitable point …

y component is 706.32 N
x component is 529.74 N

@tiny-tim, do u fink dats correct?

thanks a lot for helpin

smokee said:
y component is 706.32 N
x component is 529.74 N

thanks a lot for helpin
Stop the silly writing and please read the guidelines.

that is a little bit mean, calling my writing silly, you can say that in a more better way and i will still understand you.

Well i will stop :L

smokee, I agree with Evo … stop the silly writing and please read the guidelines :redface:
smokee said:
y component is 706.32 N
x component is 529.74 N

i'll guess it's correct …

but if you want people to check your work, you need to show it …

write equations for the components of force in the x and y directions, and for the moments of force about some suitable point …

Related to Pls can someone help me to solve this question, am practicing for my exams.

1. How can I find the solution to this question?

The best way to find the solution is to carefully read the question and break it down into smaller parts. Then, use any relevant formulas or concepts you have learned in your studies to solve each part. If you get stuck, try looking for similar examples or asking a classmate or teacher for help.

2. Can you provide me with the answer?

I cannot directly provide you with the answer as it is important for you to practice and understand the material on your own. However, I can offer guidance and help you work through the question step by step.

3. How do I know if my solution is correct?

You can check your solution by plugging it back into the original question or using a calculator to evaluate the answer. It is also helpful to double check your work and make sure you have used the correct formulas and calculations.

4. What if I am still struggling to solve the question?

If you are still having trouble, try approaching the question from a different angle or using a different method. You can also seek additional resources such as online tutorials, practice problems, or asking for help from a classmate or teacher.

5. How can I prepare for exams more effectively?

To prepare for exams, it is important to practice regularly and consistently throughout the semester. This will help you build a strong understanding of the material and identify any areas where you need extra practice. Additionally, creating study guides, participating in study groups, and seeking help from teachers or tutors can also aid in effective exam preparation.