PLEASEE HELP dimthyl ether, MD.

• Thread starter blade86
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ether
In summary, the individual is seeking help with their one year research program on the oxidation of dimethyl ether (DME). They have the option to work with their professor on the theoretical nature of the reaction or build a molecular dynamic simulation, but lack knowledge and resources. They are specifically looking for books on basic quantum chemistry and are living in Japan where their professors and books are in Japanese. They appreciate a recommended book on computational chemistry to help with their research.
blade86
PLEASEE HELP! dimthyl ether, MD.

i have a one year program and i have to research on the oxidation of dimethyl ether(DME). my professor has given me the option to work with him on the theoritical nature of the reaction, or to build up a molecular dynamic simulation from scratch. I really want to build the MD simulation. The only problem is that i have no idea where to start from..what sort of books i should be reading? where do i get the basic introductory knowledge for basic quantum chemistry etc. I am living in Japan and all my professors work and books are in Japanese.. so if someone could help me out a bit i would reallly really appreciate it alot.
I don't have much background in chemistry, and have studied mechanical engineering

Chemistry news on Phys.org

hey! wow that is a good book and just what i need! thanks a lot..appreciate it

Related to PLEASEE HELP dimthyl ether, MD.

What is dimethyl ether (DME)?

Dimethyl ether (DME) is a colorless gas with a faint, sweet odor. It is often used as a propellant in aerosol products or as a refrigerant. DME can also be used as a fuel in diesel engines.

What are the potential health effects of exposure to DME?

Exposure to high concentrations of DME may cause irritation to the eyes, nose, and throat. Prolonged exposure may also lead to dizziness, drowsiness, and headaches. However, DME is considered to be relatively safe for use in consumer products when used as directed.

How is DME produced?

DME is typically produced through the dehydration of methanol. This process involves reacting methanol with a catalyst, such as alumina or zirconia, at high temperatures and pressure. DME can also be produced from natural gas or biomass through a process known as gasification.

What are the main uses of DME?

DME has a variety of uses, including as a propellant in aerosol products, a refrigerant, a fuel for diesel engines, and a chemical intermediate in the production of other chemicals. It is also being studied as a potential alternative fuel for cooking and heating in developing countries.

Is DME a sustainable fuel source?

DME is considered to be a more sustainable fuel source compared to traditional fossil fuels. It can be produced from renewable sources such as biomass and has lower emissions of pollutants like particulate matter and sulfur oxides. However, more research is needed to fully assess its potential as a sustainable fuel.