Please tell me, where I have to post new research.

• Thread starter URAIN
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker has asked for guidance on where to discuss their new research, but is informed that if it has not been published in a peer-reviewed journal, it cannot be discussed on this forum. The forum rules do not allow for personal theories, mixing science and religion, or promoting discredited theories. The speaker is advised to seek feedback and development of their theory through other professional venues.
URAIN
I have discussed some thing in other forums. Now I would like to discuss new research thing here.

Therefore please guide me, where (in which section) I have to discuss this?

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forums. I'm afraid the answer is nowhere unless you have published in a peer-reviewed journal, please read the PF rules. Specifically:
rules said:
In the science discussion forums we do not allow the following:

• Discussion of theories that appear only on personal web sites, self-published books, etc.
• Challenges to mainstream theories (relativity, the Big Bang, etc.) that go beyond current professional discussion
• Attempts to promote or resuscitate theories that have been discredited or superseded (e.g. Lorentz ether theory); this does not exclude discussion of those theories in a purely historical context
• Personal theories or speculations that go beyond or counter to generally-accepted science
• Mixing science and religion, e.g. using religious doctrines in support of scientific arguments or vice versa.

Links to web sites that fall in the categories listed above will be removed.

Generally, discussion topics should be traceable to standard textbooks or to peer-reviewed scientific literature.

Thank you Ryan for your guidance.

I always fallow forum rules. Therefore I have asked.

Till now I have not touched the peer reiview journals. I have discussed it in two science forums. After discussion in science forum, I have written a separate article in same science forum.

At starting I have got objection. But when I presented that with scientific method and when I was given testable predictions, they were not objected me.

I think it is better to share with you by Personnel Message.

If it hasn't already been published in a peer-reviewed journal, we don't discuss it here. Quoting the rules again:

Physics Forums is not intended as an alternative to the usual professional venues for discussion and review of new ideas, e.g. personal contacts, conferences, and peer review before publication. If you have a new theory or idea, this is not the place to look for feedback on it or help in developing it.

Related to Please tell me, where I have to post new research.

1. Where should I publish my research?

The answer to this question depends on your specific field of study and the type of research you have conducted. Some common options include submitting to a peer-reviewed journal, presenting at a conference, or sharing on a preprint server. It is important to carefully consider the audience and impact of each option before deciding where to publish your research.

2. How do I choose the right journal for my research?

When choosing a journal, it is important to consider its scope, audience, and impact factor. You should also carefully review the submission guidelines and make sure your research fits within the journal's scope. It may also be helpful to seek advice from your colleagues or mentor.

3. What is a preprint server and should I use one for my research?

A preprint server is an online platform where researchers can share their work before it is published in a journal. This allows for early dissemination of research and can also help with receiving feedback from the scientific community. Whether or not you should use a preprint server depends on your field and personal preferences. It is always important to follow the policies and guidelines of the preprint server you choose.

4. Can I publish my research in multiple journals?

This is known as duplicate publication and is generally not allowed in the scientific community. Publishing the same research in multiple journals is considered unethical and can result in retraction of your publications. However, there may be cases where publishing similar or related research in different journals is acceptable, as long as it is clearly stated and acknowledged.

5. What are the benefits of publishing my research open access?

Open access publishing allows for your research to be freely available to anyone, without the need for a subscription or payment. This can increase the visibility and impact of your research, as well as promote collaboration and advancement in your field. However, it is important to carefully consider the costs and policies associated with open access publishing before making a decision.