Please double-check me (easy, important?)

• Thread starter CRGreathouse
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Important
In summary, the conversation is about verifying whether the number N = 252,505,670,761 is a strong pseudoprime to the bases 2, 3, 5, and 4086253. The results indicate that it is a strong pseudoprime to these bases except for 7, and this disproves Jaeschke's claim of \chi_{(2, 3, 5, 4086253)}=736775510329.
CRGreathouse
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Please double-check me! (checked)

I'm not entirely sure of my math here, but this should be a simple calculation. I want to make sure I'm right, though, so I'm posting here.

To which of the following bases is N = 252,505,670,761 a strong pseudoprime? {2, 3, 5, 7, 4086253}

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It appears to be a strong pseudoprime to the bases 2, 3, 5, and 4086253 but not 7.

shmoe said:
It appears to be a strong pseudoprime to the bases 2, 3, 5, and 4086253 but not 7.

Excellent, those were my results. (The 7 was just a double-check and doesn't matter as the others do.) This shows, minimally, that Jaeschke's claim [tex]\chi_{(2, 3, 5, 4086253)}=736775510329[/tex] is wrong.
http://math.crg4.com/primes.html

Yup Yup Yup

Related to Please double-check me (easy, important?)

1. What does "please double-check me" mean?

"Please double-check me" is a request to review someone's work or information for accuracy and correctness. It is often used when the person is unsure or wants reassurance that their work is error-free.

2. Is it considered easy to double-check someone?

Double-checking someone's work can vary in difficulty depending on the task at hand. However, it is generally considered an easy task as it involves reviewing someone's work rather than creating original content.

3. Why is it important to double-check someone's work?

Double-checking someone's work is important because it helps to ensure accuracy and avoid mistakes. It also shows attention to detail and a commitment to producing high-quality work.

4. How should I double-check someone's work?

The best way to double-check someone's work is to review it carefully, paying attention to details and looking for any errors or inconsistencies. It can also be helpful to use tools such as spell checkers or grammar checkers for written work.

5. What should I do if I find an error while double-checking someone's work?

If you find an error while double-checking someone's work, it is important to communicate it to the person in a respectful and helpful manner. They will appreciate the feedback and have the opportunity to correct any mistakes before submitting their work.