Please check work on derivatives lab

In summary, the conversation involves a request for assistance in checking answers to various math problems. The problems include finding when an object changes directions, calculating total distance traveled, determining the cost per radio of production, finding the tangent line to a graph, and finding the marginal revenue from selling stereos. The conversation also includes a suggestion to use Wolfram Alpha to check answers.
tjohn101

Homework Statement

Sorry about not using the template, but I didn't really see how I could have. If you guys/gals could please check over my answers to these questions and point out the ones I miss that would be outstanding. Thank you!

1. The position of an object moving on a coordinate line is given by s=t2 −7t+10, were s is in meters
and t is in seconds. When, if ever, during the interval 0≤ t ≤7 does the object change directions?
Answer: at t = 3.5 sec

2. At time t, the position of an object moving along the s axis is s=t3−15t2+78t were s is in meters
and t is in seconds. Find the total distance traveled by the object from t = 0 to t = 3 .
Answer: 126 m

3. Suppose that the cost of producing x radios is given by C(x)=800+40x−0.2x2 . Find the cost per radio of producing the first 30 radios.
Answer: $60.67

4. Find the line tangent to the graph of f (x) =cosx at x = pi/2 .
Answer: y =1

5. Find the 34th derivative of f (x) = cosx.
Answer: f 34(x) = −cosx

6. g(x)=(cscx+cotx)(cscx−cotx) , find g'(x) .
C. g'(x) = − csc2x <-----not sure about this one.

7. f (x)= sqrt(11x−x5) , find f '(x) .
Answer: 1 - (2sqrt(11x-x5))

8. g(x)=sec5(x2−2x), find g'(x) .
Answer: 5⋅sec4(x2−2x)tan (x2−2x) <----Really not sure about this one

9. Find the equation of the line tangent to the graph of f(x) = x3 x3+3 at x =1.
Answer: y=27/4x-13/4

10. The total revenue from the sale of x stereos is given by
R(x) = 2000(1 - x/600)2. Find the marginal
revenue, if necessary round to the nearest thousandth.
Answer: R'(x)= 4000(1 - x/600)

Physics news on Phys.org
I didn't check all of them, 1 is right, 2 I believe is right, I think 4 is -1, 5 is right, 7 is wrong, the answer should be [tex] \frac{11-5x^4}{2\sqrt[2]{(11x-x^5)}$} [/tex].You should use http://www.wolframalpha.com/" to check your answers, just type in dervive "your equation" and it will show you the answer and steps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Please check work on derivatives lab

1. What is a derivatives lab?

A derivatives lab is a scientific experiment or activity that involves studying and analyzing the rate of change of a function or variable. This can be done through various methods such as graphing, calculating slopes, and using mathematical formulas.

2. Why is it important to check work on a derivatives lab?

Checking work on a derivatives lab is important because it ensures the accuracy and validity of the results obtained. It allows scientists to identify any errors or mistakes made in the experiment and make necessary corrections to improve the reliability of their findings.

3. What are some common mistakes made in derivatives labs?

Some common mistakes made in derivatives labs include incorrect data entry, miscalculating slopes, using incorrect formulas, and misinterpreting graphs. These mistakes can lead to inaccurate results and affect the overall conclusion of the experiment.

4. How can one check their work on a derivatives lab?

One can check their work on a derivatives lab by double-checking calculations, verifying data entry, and comparing results with known values or expected outcomes. It is also helpful to have a peer or mentor review the work for any potential errors.

5. What are the potential applications of derivatives labs?

Derivatives labs have various real-world applications in fields such as physics, engineering, economics, and biology. They can be used to analyze and predict changes in physical systems, optimize designs and processes, understand market trends, and model biological processes such as population growth.