Pixar grants girl's dying wish to see 'Up'

• Thread starter signerror
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Grants
In summary, the conversation discusses a heartwarming story about Pixar granting a sick child's wish to watch their movie "Up" at home. Some question the legitimacy of the story, but others trust the source and find it heartwarming. The conversation also mentions the positive reviews for the movie and the kindness of Pixar.
signerror
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/pixar-up-movie-2468059-home-show

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
A story couldn't be more touching.

Except I remember this from ET, original star wars and every other kids film.
I think Disney/Lucas/Spielberg are putting the kids in hospital.

Could someone verify that story is real?

(Google doesn't give much).
There is only one link ocr and all other refer to this one which makes me wonder if this a real story.

OAQfirst said:

That story is sad as hell! I almost wanted to cry.

OAQfirst said:

Adding a love story makes it perfect (as in movies)!

rootX said:

Is there a lot of reason to make it up? It's not like they were claiming to grant her a balloon ride across the country, or something ridiculous. They brought the movie to her on DVD...that's an easy wish to grant and great for PR.

I still need to get out and see Up. I've heard nothing but great reviews from people who have seen it, and I love Pixar films. It's been a long time since I've seen a movie in a theater, but I have some time now and should do it.

rootX said:

(Google doesn't give much).
There is only one link ocr and all other refer to this one which makes me wonder if this a real story.

I'd trust the Orange County Register. I think it's a legit site.

It's good story. Likely it will get wider play.

It's always heartwarming to see a burden lifted by even the smallest thoughtfulness. Pixar looks to be paying forward. That's never a bad thing.

Moonbear said:
Is there a lot of reason to make it up? It's not like they were claiming to grant her a balloon ride across the country, or something ridiculous. They brought the movie to her on DVD...that's an easy wish to grant and great for PR.

I still need to get out and see Up. I've heard nothing but great reviews from people who have seen it, and I love Pixar films. It's been a long time since I've seen a movie in a theater, but I have some time now and should do it.

LowlyPion said:
I'd trust the Orange County Register. I think it's a legit site.

It's good story. Likely it will get wider play.

It's always heartwarming to see a burden lifted by even the smallest thoughtfulness. Pixar looks to be paying forward. That's never a bad thing.

I didn't find it as a trustworthy source.

I wanted to find a better source so that I could bookmark but currently, OCR is all google has.

Yes, story is good and I loved it :!)

Related to Pixar grants girl's dying wish to see 'Up'

What is the story behind "Pixar grants girl's dying wish to see 'Up'"?

The story is about a girl named Colby Curtin who was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and had a dying wish to see the movie "Up" before she passed away. Her mother reached out to Pixar to see if they could help make her wish come true.

How did Pixar respond to Colby's wish?

Pixar responded by sending an employee to Colby's home with a DVD copy of the movie "Up". They also arranged for an early screening of the movie at a local theater for Colby and her family to attend.

Did Colby get to see the movie before she passed away?

Yes, thanks to Pixar's quick response, Colby was able to watch the movie "Up" in her home and attend an early screening at a theater. She passed away just hours after watching the movie.

Why is this story significant?

This story is significant because it shows the power of a simple act of kindness and how it can bring joy to someone's life, especially during difficult times. It also highlights the impact that movies and storytelling can have on people's lives.

What kind of impact did this story have on Pixar and the public?

This story had a huge impact on both Pixar and the public. It showed Pixar's commitment to making a positive impact in people's lives and the public's response was overwhelmingly positive, with many praising Pixar for their kindness and generosity.