Physics Test Help. (teacher recommended internet)

In summary, the conversation is about a student seeking help with a physics test from an expert summarizer. The student has 10 problems that they are struggling with, but they will start with 3 easier ones. The first problem is about an object on a frictionless inclined plane, the second problem involves a lantern suspended by strings at equal angles, and the third problem deals with a sled on a snow-covered hill with a coefficient of friction. The expert provides explanations and equations for the first and third problems, but needs a diagram for the second problem. The student will send the diagram and has 7 more problems to ask for help with.
No these are my answers .. are they right?
1)75m

2)2kg

3)96.5N

4)2 m/s2

5)6.18N

Do you all agree that I got the right answers?

Physics news on Phys.org
xsrewop27x,

Please don't crosspost, and please don't ask us to do your homework for you. Since you already have an active thread there in Homework Help, I'm closing this one.

- Warren

Let's look at # 1:

At first (using Newton's 2nd Law),

a1 = F/m1 = 3.0m/s^2

F = 3m1

And then,

a2 = F/m2 = 2.0m/s^2
F = 2m2

but we know that m2 = m1 + 1, so 2m2 = 2(m1 + 1) = 2m1 + 2

F = 3m1 = 2m1 + 2 (solve for m1)

m1 = 2kg

Pretty simple, actually.

This thread is going to look a little screwy because It is actually 4 identical threads merged (by me) into a single thread.

xsrewop27x:

First, it is considered spamming to post identical threads more than once. Second, while we are happy to help you with your homework, we will not do it for you. That said, we require that you show how you started each problem, and we will help you with where you get stuck. Give each one a try--they are not very difficult.

Others:

Please stop posting complete solutions.

Thanks,