Physics practicum working with excel

• Thread starter alkgeo
  • Start date
In summary, a physics practicum working with Excel involves using the popular spreadsheet program to analyze and interpret data from experiments. This allows students to gain hands-on experience with data analysis and visualization, as well as develop important skills in using Excel for scientific purposes. The practicum may also include creating graphs and charts, performing calculations, and using built-in functions and formulas to manipulate data. This practical application of physics concepts and the use of a widely-used software tool can greatly enhance students' understanding and proficiency in the subject.
alkgeo
So I have to make three charts for the measurments that we made in class. The first one had to be with a linear trendline, the second one with a exponential and the third one with a logarithmic trendline. For some reason the last two trendlines don't follow the dots from the measurements. What can I do to fix that?

Physics news on Phys.org
alkgeo said:
So I have to make three charts for the measurments that we made in class. The first one had to be with a linear trendline, the second one with a exponential and the third one with a logarithmic trendline. For some reason the last two trendlines don't follow the dots from the measurements. What can I do to fix that?
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Please re-post in the Homework Help, Pre-Calculus Math forum, and fill out the Homework Help Template you are provided there. This includes sections on the Relevant Equations and your Attempt at a Solution. Please also include a PDF copy of your data, if that would help us to provide tutorial help. Thanks.