How High Does Cheese Rise on a Released Spring?

In summary, the conversation is about a physics assignment involving a piece of cheese placed on a vertical spring with a force constant of 2000 N/m. The question asks for the height and speed of the cheese when the spring is released. The person is instructed to solve the questions and send them to the requester.
Saif Ali Khan
Homework Statement
Physics numrical solve
Relevant Equations
Solve these questions
Question is in file please these questions and send it to me

Q1: A 2 kg piece of cheese is placed on a vertical spring of negligible mass and force constant k= 2000 N/m that is compressed 16 cm. when the spring is released,

(I) How high does the cheese rise from this initial position?

(II) What will be the speed of cheese leaving the spring?

[Mentor Note -- Word document with assignment is deleted and the contents copied above for reference]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Saif Ali Khan said:
Homework Statement:: Physics numrical solve
Relevant Equations:: Solve these questions

Question is in file please these questions and send it to me

Q1: A 2 kg piece of cheese is placed on a vertical spring of negligible mass and force constant k= 2000 N/m that is compressed 16 cm. when the spring is released,

(I) How high does the cheese rise from this initial position?

(II) What will be the speed of cheese leaving the spring?

[Mentor Note -- Word document with assignment is deleted and the contents copied above for reference]
No, that is not how PF works. We are not here to help you cheat on your schoolwork assignments.

Check your Personal Messages (PMs), and then start a new thread with your question and show your best efforts to work on the problem. This thread start will stay visible and locked in case your instructors are checking with online Google searches to see if any of their students are cheating on homework assignments.

Likes PhDeezNutz, SammyS and Bystander

1. How do I solve for the unknown variable in a physics numerical problem?

In order to solve for an unknown variable in a physics numerical problem, you will need to use the appropriate formulas and equations for the given situation. Make sure to properly identify the known values and units, and then rearrange the equation to solve for the unknown variable.

2. What are the common units used in physics numerical problems?

The most common units used in physics numerical problems are meters (m) for distance, kilograms (kg) for mass, seconds (s) for time, and Newtons (N) for force. However, depending on the specific problem, other units such as Joules (J) for energy or meters per second (m/s) for velocity may also be used.

3. How do I check if my numerical answer is reasonable?

In order to check if your numerical answer is reasonable, you can compare it to known values or use estimation techniques. For example, if your answer is significantly larger or smaller than a known value, then it may be incorrect. Additionally, you can use estimation to see if your answer falls within a reasonable range for the given situation.

4. Can I use a calculator to solve physics numerical problems?

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve physics numerical problems. However, it is important to make sure that you are using the correct formula and entering the values and units correctly into the calculator. Additionally, you should always double check your answer to ensure it is reasonable.

5. What should I do if I am stuck on a physics numerical problem?

If you are stuck on a physics numerical problem, try breaking it down into smaller parts and identifying the known and unknown values. You can also consult your textbook or notes for relevant formulas and examples. If you are still having trouble, reach out to a classmate, teacher, or tutor for assistance.