Physics Forums in the multiverse

In summary, when discussing topics with others, you often have limited information about them, such as their real name and age. According to the MWI, this means that the people you are talking to exist as a superposition of all possible versions of themselves. This concept is supported by the idea of decoherence, where objects exchange photons and eventually reach a common state. However, it is still unknown how long it takes for decoherence to spread from one location to another. Additionally, it is suggested that our awareness is dependent on the information stored in our brains rather than the exact quantum states of our neurons.
Count Iblis
When we discuss some topic here with other posters, you have limited information about them. You often don't know their real name, their age etc. etc. According to the MWI, this then means that the other people you are talking to exist as a superposition of all possible real persons.

E.g., there exist worlds in which I have a beard and there are worlds in which I don't have a beard. Everyone at PF except me has an exact copy in both worlds.

Physics news on Phys.org
No, no...
The decoherence leaks (this is not studied yet) but it is obious.

Say, there is an event: based on some QM event my detectorsignals (or not) but LED light. If the detector is inside the box, then I don't see light and I am not decoherenced with the event. However, the light starts to heat the box from the inside, and it emits more and ore infrared photons, so I begin to decohere with the even (in seconds or minutes)?

After that decoherence leaks outside, fro one object to another, as objects exchange the photons.

Still, I can not answer a question, how long does it take for the decoherence to spread from the US to Europe if you don't 'help' it (by making calls etc). So I don't know if you have a beard, but I had been decoherenced with you a long time ago.

But if you enter in an entangled state of the form:

A |Dmitry67_1; Iblis has a beard> +

B |Dmitry67_2; Iblis does not have a beard>

Then you should still be able to factor out of

|Dmitry67_1> and |Dmitry67_2> a common state that describes only those things that you are aware of and that is then what you really are. Otherwise, you could already "sense" whether or not I have a beard before even performing a measurement.

So, we should have that:

|Dmitry67_1> =

|everything Dmitry67 is aware of> |additional information_1 >

|Dmitry67_2> =

|everything Dmitry67 is aware of>|additional information_2>

So,

|everything Dmitry67 is aware of>

should correspond to the information stored in the brain which depends on how the neurons are connected together, but not on the exact quantum states of the neurons. That information is contaned in
|additional information_1 > and |additional information_2 > and these differs in both sectors.

Related to Physics Forums in the multiverse

What is the purpose of Physics Forums in the multiverse?

The purpose of Physics Forums in the multiverse is to provide a platform for scientists, researchers, and students to discuss and exchange ideas, theories, and knowledge related to physics in the context of multiple universes. It serves as a space for collaboration, learning, and exploration of the vast possibilities and complexities of the multiverse.

How can I join Physics Forums in the multiverse?

To join Physics Forums in the multiverse, you must first create an account on the website and then request to join the multiverse community. Your account will then be approved by the moderators, and you will have access to all the discussions and resources within the multiverse.

What makes Physics Forums in the multiverse different from other physics forums?

Physics Forums in the multiverse is unique because it focuses specifically on the study of physics within the context of multiple universes. This allows for discussions and debates that go beyond traditional physics theories and into the realm of the unknown and unexplored possibilities of the multiverse.

Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in Physics Forums in the multiverse?

Yes, there are rules and guidelines that all members must follow in order to maintain a respectful and productive environment for discussions. These rules include being courteous and respectful to others, providing credible sources for information, and avoiding personal attacks or derogatory language. The full list of rules can be found on the website.

Can I contribute my own theories and ideas to Physics Forums in the multiverse?

Yes, absolutely! Physics Forums in the multiverse encourages members to share their own theories and ideas related to physics and the multiverse. However, it is important to remember to provide evidence and reasoning to support your ideas and to engage in respectful discussions with others who may have differing viewpoints.