Physics BS Heading to MS in Aerospace Tips

In summary, the speaker is going to graduate school for Aerospace Engineering and is nervous because their undergrad was in physics. They are seeking advice from anyone who may have been in a similar situation. The suggestion is to review undergraduate engineering texts to see if they can understand them before starting the program.
Angelo Niforatos
Hi all, I am going to graduate school for Aerospace Engineering. I am a bit nervous because of the fact the my undergrad was in physics. I was wondering if anyone was in the same boat or a similar one that may have some good advice for me before I begin my next big chapter in my education!

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you taken any engineering courses previously? If not, I suggest that you pick up some undergraduate engineering texts and see if you can read and understand them. If you can, then you may be well prepared. If you cannot, then you might want to think carefully about what you are plunging into.

Likes FactChecker

Related to Physics BS Heading to MS in Aerospace Tips

1. What is the difference between a Physics BS and an Aerospace MS degree?

A Physics BS degree focuses on the fundamental principles of physics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, and electromagnetism. An Aerospace MS degree builds upon this knowledge and specializes in the application of these principles in the field of aerospace engineering.

2. What tips do you have for transitioning from a Physics BS to an Aerospace MS program?

Some tips for transitioning from a Physics BS to an Aerospace MS program include brushing up on relevant math skills, familiarizing oneself with the basics of aerospace engineering, and networking with professionals in the field.

3. Is there a specific area of physics that would be most beneficial for pursuing an Aerospace MS?

While all areas of physics are relevant to aerospace engineering, some areas that may be particularly useful include classical mechanics, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics.

4. Are there any specific courses or electives that would be helpful for preparing for an Aerospace MS?

Some helpful courses or electives for preparing for an Aerospace MS may include aerodynamics, materials science, and control systems.

5. What are some potential career options for someone with a Physics BS and an Aerospace MS?

Some potential career options for someone with a Physics BS and an Aerospace MS include working as an aerospace engineer, research scientist, or technical consultant in industries such as aviation, space exploration, or defense.