Physics and Mathematics: A Perfect Pair?

• Thread starter w1lluamaul
  • Start date
In summary, physics and mathematics are often considered a perfect pair due to their intertwined nature and complementary roles in understanding the natural world. While physics explains the fundamental laws and principles that govern the behavior of matter and energy, mathematics provides the language and tools to describe and quantify these phenomena. Together, they form the basis of many scientific discoveries and technological advancements, making them essential fields of study for understanding and shaping our world.
w1lluamaul
Hi! I'm a junior mathematics major taking Introduction to Physics 2 and its lab at the moment. I have mostly been interested in the data and analytics side of math with some focus on programming and unsupervised learning techniques, but I have loved physics since I first touched AP Physics in high school (let me tell you, it's 10000x better now that I know calculus). I am a peer math tutor on my campus (been working sessions remotely since the onset of Coronavirus) and I help all of my friends with their Physics and labs as well. I am working on three research projects this semester on top of my work, so I have a large workload ahead. I am excited to be here, hopefully as a potential resource for others if I have time or with questions of my own when I inevitably get stumped. Thanks for reading!

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums! Sounds like you are great fit. :smile:

Likes w1lluamaul
berkeman said:
Welcome to PhysicsForums! Sounds like you are great fit. :smile:
Thanks for the reply! I look forward to exploring some more.