Photo Contest (12/18-12/24) - Santa

In summary, the photo contest's theme is "Santa" and is open to everyone, with a limit of 3 submissions per participant. A panel of judges will select the winner based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme, with a cash prize of $100 and recognition as the winner. The winner will be announced on December 25th.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Santa!

With Christmas barely a week away, it is time to make sure you are "nicer" than you are "naughty" this past year, so that the jolly big man will get you want you want. So this week, the subject of your photo must be on Santa Clause!

Good luck, and Merry Christmas!

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread[/QUOTE]

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
marzena_santa.jpg

Contest inside contest - where is Borek?

Borek said:
Contest inside contest - where is Borek?

The reflection in the window on the right?

Yep :smile:

Barely a couple of days left in this contest. So far, we only have 2 pictures of Santa! Is everyone else waiting by the chimney on Christmas eve to snap a picture?

Zz.

Scrap that- Zz's kick in the pants was sufficient motivation.

Norton Furniture is around the corner from my office. If you have no idea why Norton Furniture is worth mentioning, I suggest you check out some of his commercials on YouTube, for example this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztzPlgm_S4w&feature=related

Yes, his store looks exactly like that- there was no special re-arranging of things for the spot. Anyhow, he has a *giant* Santa which unfortunately was not outside today. I went in and asked to take a couple of photos and was graciously permitted to do so.

This Santa is so big, I was hoping to get an image, not of the happy Santa that brings toys to good boys and girls, but instead the scary Santa that makes 5-year old kids freak out when they sit on his lap at the mall. This is the best I could get...
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/2407/dsc3792f.jpg

Note- I just noticed the red arrow in the background... I guess that's where the bad boys and girls go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Photo Contest (12/18-12/24) - Santa

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of this photo contest is "Santa". We are looking for photos that capture the spirit of Christmas and the iconic image of Santa Claus.

2. Who can participate in the photo contest?

The photo contest is open to everyone, regardless of age or location. Whether you are a professional photographer or just enjoy taking photos for fun, we welcome your submissions.

3. How many photos can I submit to the contest?

Each participant can submit up to 3 photos for the contest. We encourage you to select your best and most creative photos that fit the theme.

4. How will the winner be selected?

A panel of judges will review all submissions and select the winner based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme. The winner will be announced on December 25th.

5. What is the prize for the winner of the photo contest?

The winner of the photo contest will receive a cash prize of $100 and their winning photo will be featured on our website and social media channels. They will also receive recognition as the winner of the contest.