PF PHOTO CONTEST - Dog Day Afternoon (3/1-3/7)

In summary: with a clear background...you can use a slightly wider aperture and still keep the background very blurry.
ZapperZ said:
Please note that you have submitted two pictures for this contest. Since this is your first entry to this contest, you are given a chance to tell me which of the pictures you wish to enter. However, in the future, your entries would be disqualified.

Zz.

Are you sure? I think you have one by ManDay and one by Mayday. It would be ironic if he did submit two since he corrected ManDay for the same offence.

Physics news on Phys.org
BobG said:
Are you sure? I think you have one by ManDay and one by Mayday. It would be ironic if he did submit two since he corrected ManDay for the same offence.

I think Bob's right, Zapper.

And Bob, I love your dog's shades. That's one seriously cool looking dog. :approve:

Last edited:
GeorginaS said:
I think Bob's right, Zapper.

And Bob, I love your dog's shades. That's one seriously cool looking dog. :approve:

Argh! That'll teach me to try to read PF from my Blackberry!

Zz.

0TheSwerve0 said:
Lil Gus, named for Gus Gus in Cinderella. He's a Pomeranian mix I think.

IMG_3423.jpg

There's one of those dogs that you know jumps on you when you open the door :biggrin:.

A truly viscious specimen preparing to pounce on his unsuspecting prey in the snow... Clyde's hunting prowess is only matched by his intimidating, raw, floppy cuteness.

Clyde.jpg

foxyfox.jpg

Why I sometimes call Foxylady , The foxy fox.

Mech_Engineer said:
A truly viscious specimen preparing to pounce on his unsuspecting prey in the snow... Clyde's hunting prowess is only matched by his intimidating, raw, floppy cuteness.

Clyde.jpg

I bet he is good at hunting oreos with a snout like that!

larkspur said:
I bet he is good at hunting oreos with a snout like that!

He definitely likes to smell stuff. It's interesting to see how selective breeding has shaped personality and mannerisms as well as looks, because whenever he's looking for something it's tail in the air, and nose to the ground.

DSC_0090aa.jpg

Glinda.

Mech_Engineer said:
He definitely likes to smell stuff. It's interesting to see how selective breeding has shaped personality and mannerisms as well as looks, because whenever he's looking for something it's tail in the air, and nose to the ground.

A co-worker of mine had a Basset Hound that would sniff out a piece of gum from the bottom of her purse and wait until she went to bed to go eat it. He also ate a whole package of Oreos that were sealed inside a Tupperware container. She also made a wreath that had milk bones glued to it and the whole thing was covered in polyurethane. He ate all the plastic coated milk bones and survived.

Integral said:
DSC_0090aa.jpg

Glinda.
How cute! Such a big name for a teeny tiny dog.

larkspur said:
How cute! Such a big name for a teeny tiny dog.

We named her after seeing the play Wicked last year. She is cute but is a bit of an airhead.

I can't separate all of the cuteness and adorableness from great photography. Everyone should win this one.

GeorginaS said:
I can't separate all of the cuteness and adorableness from great photography. Everyone should win this one.

I agree! This will be absolutely impossible to vote on!

http://bikeflat.com/albums/uther/img039.sized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
alex caps said:
http://bikeflat.com/albums/uther/img039.sized.jpg
[/URL]

Looks like it's stuck to a wall vertically. Is that how you intended it to be?

ManDay said:
Looks like it's stuck to a wall vertically. Is that how you intended it to be?

GEEEZ, can't you see it was taken sideways? The bot left of the picture shows a table so I guess you had better start orienting yourself again!

Well that sort of works, unless you dogs name is Velcro.

I always thought that dogs were sticky.

That's a good-looking dog...and the photo has an interesting perspecive.

Looks like the dog is on one of those carnival rides where you stand against the wall and the room starts spinning, and then the floor drops away...

How could you say "no" to a face like that?

dcp0366er5.jpg

Zz.

ZapperZ said:

dcp0366er5.jpg

Zz.

Haha, I'd bet you say "NO" all the time. :biggrin:

ZapperZ said:

dcp0366er5.jpg

Zz.

AAAAWWWWWW such a sweet face!

See? This contest is impossible.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4111/img00076pm9.jpg

You have less than 2 days left to submit a photo for this contest.

Zz.

Final call for all dogs!

:)

Zz.