PF PHOTO CONTEST - Abandonment (mar 7-14)

In summary: This one was shut down in the late 1800s.In summary, Abandonment photo contest is open to members of PF who have taken a digital photo of something that is abandoned, derelict or otherwise empty. The photo must be no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels, and you are allowed to crop the picture if you wish. You must upload the photo to one of the photo servers, and post it in the relevant contest thread. You are allowed to use a picture only once, and once it is used in a contest it cannot be reused. The prize for the winner is eternal glory.
matthyaouw
Gold Member
Abandonment
Show me some building or structure that's abandoned, derelict or otherwise empty

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Physics news on Phys.org
AnasaziAbode.jpg

Near Natural Bridges National Monument in SE Utah.

The other web-sized version in my HD is 1000 across, so I don't think I have used this in a contest. This is the summer-place I picked out for Evo. Just a little sprucing up, and it's ready to go.
boathouse650.jpg

binzing said:
AnasaziAbode.jpg

Near Natural Bridges National Monument in SE Utah.
Cool! At first glance, I thought it was a snake's eye.

larkspur said:
Cool! At first glance, I thought it was a snake's eye.

Oh wow, it really does :cool: !

Thanks. Yeah I suppose I can see that snake eye.

chair-1.jpg

This is what's left of the Grande Ballroom, who's ghost's include everyone from Duke Ellington to Janis Joplin.

Looks like a handyman's dream, Turbo.

Shedcomp.jpg

Old house in an affluent neighbourhood in Istanbul.

marzena_aban.jpg

brewnog said:
Shedcomp.jpg

Old house in an affluent neighbourhood in Istanbul.

Where in Istanbul is this from?

matthyaouw said:
Looks like a handyman's dream, Turbo.
Just a little tinkering and cleaning-up and Evo would have a great summer-home on a nice trout pound. Location, Location!

Focus said:
Where in Istanbul is this from?

A suburb I was staying, not too far from the airport, and just off the coast. There is a really nice beachside path which goes from the hotel I was in right into (I presume, never followed it all the way) the city centre. Lots of little fishing quays, and olive groves. Dead nice! I found this old house walking back from the beach front.

Here's my offering:
29thd.jpg

A former gift shop in County Kerry, Ireland.

I'm going away tomorrow morning 'til Saturday and Evo has kindly agreed to run the contest 'ti I'm back. Any queries or problems afer today, please contact her
Cheers :smile:

347wwp5.jpg

Castle ruin near Sigmaringen Germany

Fantastic colors Andre.

turbo-1 said:
The other web-sized version in my HD is 1000 across, so I don't think I have used this in a contest. This is the summer-place I picked out for Evo. Just a little sprucing up, and it's ready to go.
boathouse650.jpg

Love it.

Ofey said:
Love it.
Until about 20 years ago, the roof of this old boathouse was still intact, but the owners failed to clear it off during winters. Once the roof failed, the structural integrity of the building was lost and it gets a bit more damage every winter. When I was a kid and fished here with my father, that was a beautiful rustic building.

whats the prize??:confused:

Eternal glory!

marcin_abandon.jpg

An old brickyard, not far from here.

Not the one I have posted on chat. There were many brickyards in this area, some are still working.

Related to PF PHOTO CONTEST - Abandonment (mar 7-14)

1. What is the theme of the PF PHOTO CONTEST for March 7-14?

The theme for this week's PF PHOTO CONTEST is "Abandonment". This means that we are looking for photos that capture the concept of abandonment, whether it be of a place, object, or feeling.

2. How do I enter the PF PHOTO CONTEST for "Abandonment"?

To enter the contest, simply post your photo on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #PFAbandonment and tag us @PFPhotoContest. Make sure your account is set to public so we can see your entry.

3. Can I submit more than one photo for the "Abandonment" contest?

Yes, you can submit up to 3 photos for the contest. However, please make sure each photo is unique and not a duplicate of another entry.

4. How will the winner of the "Abandonment" contest be chosen?

The winner will be chosen by our team of judges based on creativity, composition, and how well the photo captures the theme of abandonment. We will announce the winner on our social media pages on March 15.

5. What is the prize for winning the "Abandonment" contest?

The winner will receive a $50 gift card to a photography store of their choice and their winning photo will be featured on our website and social media pages. They will also be eligible to compete in our annual PF PHOTO CONTEST grand prize competition.