Perturbation theory - need a couple of articles

In summary, the person is studying a perturbation theory and has come across two articles that they are interested in, but their institutions do not have access to them due to their age. They are asking for help in locating these articles and also for any review articles on the convergence of perturbation series. They mention a specific review article in Reed and Simon's Mathematical Physics series as being the best source for mathematical properties of Rayleigh-Schrödinger Perturbation Theory.
Evgn
I'm studying a perturbation theory (behaviour of its series) and have found two articles which might be of particular interest. Unfortunately, all my three institutions do not have subscription to these journals (articles are too old). I'm kindly asking for your help.

These are the articles I'm looking for:
1. http://jcp.aip.org/resource/1/jcpsa6/v49/i7/p3035_s1 , doi:10.1063/1.1670546
2. http://iopscience.iop.org/0370-1328/78/4/306, doi: 10.1088/0370-1328/78/4/306

Thank you very much in advance.

I would also appreciate any review articles on the problem of convergence of perturbation series in an "old" theory and a diagrammatic one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The best review on the mathematical properties of Rayleigh-Schrödinger Perturbation Theory is in Reed and Simon's Mathematical Physics series, Volume IV.

That article just gives the standard theory in a different form.

Related to Perturbation theory - need a couple of articles

What is perturbation theory?

Perturbation theory is a mathematical method used to approximate solutions to a problem that cannot be solved exactly. It is particularly useful in physics and engineering for dealing with complex systems or equations.

How does perturbation theory work?

Perturbation theory works by breaking down a complex problem into simpler, solvable parts. It then uses these simplified solutions to approximate the overall solution to the problem. This approach is based on the idea that a small perturbation to a system will result in a small change in the solution.

What are the applications of perturbation theory?

Perturbation theory has a wide range of applications in various fields, including quantum mechanics, electromagnetism, fluid dynamics, and statistical mechanics. It is also used in engineering for analyzing and designing complex systems, such as aircraft and spacecraft.

What are the limitations of perturbation theory?

While perturbation theory can be a powerful tool, it does have its limitations. It typically only works for small perturbations and may not accurately reflect the behavior of a system under large perturbations. It also assumes that the system is linear, which may not always be the case in real-world applications.

Are there different types of perturbation theory?

Yes, there are several different types of perturbation theory, such as time-independent and time-dependent perturbation theory. These variations take into account different factors, such as the stability of a system over time, and are used for specific types of problems.