PBS Nova | Find Sketches on Gravity, Dark Matter & Strings

• Thread starter Neitrino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Link
In summary, PBS Nova is a science television series that explores various scientific topics through documentaries and interviews with experts. The show also features animated sketches on complex concepts such as gravity, dark matter, and strings. Gravity is a fundamental force of nature that causes objects with mass to be attracted to one another, while dark matter is a type of invisible matter that makes up a large portion of the universe's mass. Strings, a theoretical concept in physics, propose that all particles are made up of tiny vibrating strings and aim to create a unified theory of everything.
Neitrino
I ve seen here some link to PBS nova website, where it were some short sketches about gravity dark matter strings etc etc... may u please remind me that link... coz I ve gone throught the forum and could not locate that thread. I went directly to Nova website and there also could not see all thoses sketches I saw here before.

Thanks alot

Physics news on Phys.org
It's NOVA online. The shows are sorted by interest.

Related to PBS Nova | Find Sketches on Gravity, Dark Matter & Strings

1. What is PBS Nova?

PBS Nova is a popular science television series produced by WGBH Boston. It explores various scientific topics and discoveries through in-depth documentaries and interviews with experts in the field.

2. What are the sketches on gravity, dark matter, and strings?

The sketches on gravity, dark matter, and strings are short animated segments that are featured in episodes of PBS Nova. These sketches aim to provide a visual representation of complex scientific concepts and theories in a fun and engaging way.

3. What is gravity?

Gravity is a fundamental force of nature that causes objects with mass to be attracted to one another. It is responsible for keeping planets in orbit around the sun and for the formation of galaxies. The strength of gravity is determined by the mass and distance between objects.

4. What is dark matter?

Dark matter is a type of matter that makes up about 85% of the total mass in the universe. It does not emit or absorb light, making it invisible to telescopes and other instruments. Its existence is inferred through its gravitational effects on visible matter.

5. What are strings in relation to physics?

Strings are a theoretical concept in physics that propose that all particles in the universe are made up of tiny, vibrating strings. This theory, known as string theory, attempts to reconcile the laws of quantum mechanics and general relativity to create a unified theory of everything.